RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 797  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/22 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

@8..1 Van - can you point to us where we can apply @Grit dog's "brake and shear' in lieu of that multi-million press that should approximate building the Cybertruck into garage-built Pinewood Derby Car.
Does the brake and shear qualify as the hard tooling BenK keeps talking about??? [emoticon]

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/22 09:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

You could have stopped at quoting just this much of my post...
"While it's obvious that you are able to produce words and not substance,"

Since the rest apparently of no interest and it sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher to you and you're more of a rely on magic and marketing rather than facts and engineering kinda guy!

Cheers man!
Hope the Cyber truck is all you hoped it would be and a bag of chips if you ever get one!
Seriously. No ill will meant. I understand it's hard for some to be realists.

Cheers, none taken and no malice on my words too!

Just campfire bantering among friends I suppose.

Yup, there should be a balance though between being a dreamer, realist and cynics.

Disccovers, however, are made by dreamers and I don't want to be waking up in the morning thinking of how bad the world gonna be and seeing dark clouds instead of it's silver linings, lol.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/22 04:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

@8..1 Van - can you point to us where we can apply @Grit dog's "brake and shear' in lieu of that multi-million press that should approximate building the Cybertruck into garage-built Pinewood Derby Car.
Does the brake and shear qualify as the hard tooling BenK keeps talking about??? [emoticon]

It's cold rolling, IE cold rolled steel. Is what is "claimed" the cybertruck skin will be made of.
It's ok though. Try to keep up. At least I can sleep tonight knowing that I understand the difference...just like the Giga Press. If you think I'm mistaking the fact that it will be used (purportedly) for casting the chassis and assuming it will be to cut stamp and crease body panels, I'm not.

However I'm still waiting for one of the unicorn fart sniffers in this thread to explain anything in an intelligent manner, or even attempt to explain at all, rather than just attempting to cover up ignorance with insult...

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/22 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

The Tesla Semi is still being tested on the grounds of Frito Lay’s factory in Modesto, California, and employees at the facility say they have been told company use is “coming soon.”

Tesla Semi caught testing at Frito Lay, company use ‘coming soon’

Quote:

Tesla has installed an additional Megacharger at Frito Lay and PepsiCo.’s facility in Modesto, California, in preparation for the company’s 100 Semi unit order.

Tesla adds active Megacharger to Frito Lay in preparation for 100 Semi order

[image]

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/22 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@Grit dog's next question when the Semis are released and running: But why are the rims are not forged high grade aluminum?

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/22 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

@Grit dog's next question when the Semis are released and running: But why are the rims are not forged high grade aluminum?

What makes you think they won't be and why would I care?
Actually they will quite likely be, if fuel (electrons) economy is of any real concern.
Comparably steel wheels will be heavier, some stupid unobtanium material would be wholly unpractical, and general rule of thumb, every lb of rotating mass reduced is roughly equivalent to 7lbs of static mass removed.

So why do you not think they will be aluminum, or more directly, what do you think they will be or should be made of?

($100 bet to the first person to take me up on it, that neither Sam nor the rest of the tools in the bag will have any sort of cognizant answer, response or input.....)

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/22 09:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tesla Semi and Cybertruck at the Michigan International Speedway
[image]

video

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/22 11:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Yosemite! Look ^.
Idk man, but those steer wheels sure look like forged Alcoas.
But I'm sure they're made of some exotic material and dressed up to look like standard aluminum wheels....lol

* This post was edited 06/20/22 09:55am by Grit dog *

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/22 10:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

What makes you think they won't be and why would I care?
Actually they will quite likely be, if fuel (electrons) economy is of any real concern.
Comparably steel wheels will be heavier, some stupid unobtanium material would be wholly unpractical, and general rule of thumb, every lb of rotating mass reduced is roughly equivalent to 7lbs of static mass removed.

So why do you not think they will be aluminum, or more directly, what do you think they will be or should be made of?

($100 bet to the first person to take me up on it, that neither Sam nor the rest of the tools in the bag will have any sort of cognizant answer, response or input.....)

Nah, my money is already on the previous dare that you cannot cast a rocket ship metal similar to what will be used in Cybertruck with just a "brake and a shear".[emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

* This post was edited 06/21/22 08:53am by Yosemite Sam1 *

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/22 10:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Nah, my money is already on the previous dare that you cannot cast a rocket ship metal similar to what will be used in Cybertruck with just a "brake and a shear".[emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

Well that's a better bet than the aluminum wheel thing, since your fellow koolaid drinker busted that bubble with the latest pic he poached off the 'net. (I always wonder where the personal satisfaction is gained in regurgitating public information. Either a sad emotional state or pride in having learned to cut and past with a computer, not sure which...)

But back to the brake and shear thing... I understand why you're doing the emoji shuffle with the head scratch and facepalm. I can't help with your confusion that you don't need to "stamp" a straight pieces of steel to put a straight bend in it. (Since you know I was talking only about the skin on the truck....)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 797  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.