RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: MACARATOR OPINIONS?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> MACARATOR OPINIONS?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/17 09:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Kayteg1 wrote:

..Condoms do.They are one of the biggest problem in city sewer treatment plants.Called "silver fish" by the workers.
Somehow I don't think that is a problem for the folks on this board. Maybe when their grandchildren visit.

Does it matter who dropped it in?
Just think what you'd do when that thing ends in your macerator pump.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/17 10:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

2oldman wrote:

Kayteg1 wrote:

..Condoms do.They are one of the biggest problem in city sewer treatment plants.Called "silver fish" by the workers.
Somehow I don't think that is a problem for the folks on this board. Maybe when their grandchildren visit.

Well I suspect that if anyone is using a condom in your RV, you'll know about it before it ever reaches the bathroom.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)

2oldman

Las Vegas

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/17 12:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

2oldman wrote:

Kayteg1 wrote:

No sense of humor today?

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/17 04:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dtank wrote:

SoundGuy wrote:

Jayco-noslide wrote:

My son has one and he'll tell you it's just great but, for the life of me, I can't figure out why I need this extra piece of equipment to haul, take up space and mess with dumping. I pull up to the dump, hook up the hose, pull the valves and it whooshes out in about 1 minute.

Simple - some of us have no interest in wasting our time lining up at a dump station ... ever. [emoticon]

"Some"...- (or "a few")....[emoticon]

Or none ..... 'cause -

Some (or a few) of "us" don't waste our time when there's a line .... ever.

Only difficult if you want it to be..[emoticon]

lets see, your tanks are full, there is a line, you can either wait or not use potty till next available dump station. I think I have used the public dump stations once or twice in my RVing days. so much simpler to spend the extra $5 every third or fourth day and get a FHU site and take care of utilities at your leisure, and it is not a timed event. makes life so much easier, if you can't afford the $5, perhaps you should have skipped that $8,000 FBP job that you got to impress the neighbors.
bumpy

Reddog1

El Dorado, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/17 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

More often than not, I dry camp. There are times I dry camp simply due to my not having made reservations and a campground is full. One of my favorite campgrounds is dry camping only, but does have two free dump stations. On the typical big week ends, it can easily be an hour wait in line.

I can say, my Macerator will work anywhere my Stinky Slinky will. My Stinky Slinky will not work where the Macerator will.

As for waiting in lines, I prefer not to wait in any line if there is a reasonable way to avoid it.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/17 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always plan to leave campground on Monday or Tuesday, so don't have to wait in dump lane or spend big money for extra pump.
Dispute shows as usual how different styles and different needs everybody has.
On my last 65 days trip, beside couple of days when having full hook-up I used Sewer Solution - it was always stinky at dump station.
In California usually you have full hook ups, or no hook ups.
In other states more common is water and electric, where you have to use dump station.
I always seek campgrounds at the lake, or on the beach, what could be the factor.

* This post was edited 10/13/17 05:08pm by Kayteg1 *

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/17 10:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoundGuy wrote:

Ron3rd wrote:

X2 on Sewer Solution, basically a water powered macerator. I dump at home through a clean out about 60 ft away through a 3/4" hose.

But useless for those of us who may want to also use the macerator while camping where no water under pressure is available to power a Sewer Solution, a problem not shared by the 12 vdc powered FloJet Waste Macerator. [emoticon]

Quite true, they do require lots of water!

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/17 11:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have never had a macerator but I have had and used a stinky slinky and a SS, both do the job at dump stations but the cleanout at my home is 20 feet away and about a foot up from the grade the hose sits on and the SS has been a money saver and made life easier. The biggest problem is the moving parts and the hook up mount are plastic and they do age and break.

I saw the garbage disposal macerator on this site some time ago and downloaded it for a future project. Because I will only use it at home, size, 120vac and storage is not a problem. At campgrounds with dumps o FHUs, the stinky slinky is all I need.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
95 Suzuki Sidekick 4X4
Stowmaster 5000

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/17 05:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

D.E.Bishop wrote:

I have never had a macerator but I have had and used a stinky slinky and a SS, both do the job at dump stations but the cleanout at my home is 20 feet away and about a foot up from the grade the hose sits on and the SS has been a money saver and made life easier. The biggest problem is the moving parts and the hook up mount are plastic and they do age and break.

I saw the garbage disposal macerator on this site some time ago and downloaded it for a future project. Because I will only use it at home, size, 120vac and storage is not a problem. At campgrounds with dumps o FHUs, the stinky slinky is all I need.

moving parts, you must be talking about a macerator as the sewer solution has none, other than a divertor valve?
bumpy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> MACARATOR OPINIONS?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS