|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Tankless Water Heater

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
tanklessreview

new york

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/17 01:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are planning to purchase tankless water heater tank , you must read about Tankless water heater from here. It will help you to know about which product is best suited for you. ***Link Removed***

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/17 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tanklessreview wrote:

If you are planning to purchase tankless water heater tank , you must read about Tankless water heater from here. It will help you to know about which product is best suited for you. ***Link Removed***

Now that didn't work for, did it? You ought to read the forum rules before attempting to advertise for free here on the forums. [emoticon]

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/17 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Part of the advice was good to read about tankless in this Forum by searching. IMHO unless one has a Park Model tankless is NOT the way to go....but I'm not an expert nor do I have one.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/17 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoundGuy wrote:

You ought to read the forum rules before attempting to advertise for free here on the forums. [emoticon]

Let's see what happens.. Not all advertisements get deleted. Same as sales ads, many do, some don't..

I guess it is how the moderator interprets the post?
To me, this one is an advertisement.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/17 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I dont know what brand the OP was hawking but I was looking at the new Atwood unit and it looks promising. I think it's the only one that has a variable heater (16 to 50K BTU). It also has the biggest heater (according to Atwood).
Anyone looking at demand heaters should check it out.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2018 Silver Fox 32A - many mods to come!
H0NDA eu2000i

pconroy328

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/17 04:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to the Jayco Owners forum and you'll find scores of posts on Tankless. Most of them relevant to the Girards as that's what Jayco picked.

I'd venture a guess it's 80/20 or 70/30 against Girard tankless.

NC Roamer

Fuquay-Varina, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/17 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pconroy328 wrote:

Go to the Jayco Owners forum and you'll find scores of posts on Tankless. Most of them relevant to the Girards as that's what Jayco picked.

I'd venture a guess it's 80/20 or 70/30 against Girard tankless.

We replaced the Girard tankless in our Greyhawk with a Suburban 6-gallon model. Jayco covered the swap as a warranty item for which we are very appreciative.

2014 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc

Almot

out there

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/17 11:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To heck with that advertiser. Good job, moderator. I'm watching all the movies and shows on PVR only, skipping commercials, don't need this noise here either.

Please somebody explain - in a few words - what are the benefits of tankless compared to 4-6 gal heater in moderate to warm climate (always above freezing). Less water, less propane, longer/cheaper lifespan?

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/17 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Almot wrote:

To heck with that advertiser. Good job, moderator. I'm watching all the movies and shows on PVR only, skipping commercials, don't need this noise here either.

Please somebody explain - in a few words - what are the benefits of tankless compared to 4-6 gal heater in moderate to warm climate (always above freezing). Less water, less propane, longer/cheaper lifespan?

None of those (well, I don't know about lifespan, but traditional water heaters have a long life if taken care of anyway). The main advantage is being able to take a long shower without running out of hot water, which really is only applicable if you're someplace with full hookups since otherwise you're just limited by the tank sizes. A second advantage I guess is not having to wait for it to warm up after it's been off before using hot water.

Proponents will claim that it uses less propane because it's not keeping some water hot all the time. In theory that could be true, but in practice any differences are negligible at best and, at least in sticks and bricks houses, offset by a tendency to use more hot water.

kedanie

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/17 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Without fail, the loudest voices on these tankless threads are most always those who do not have one! Speculation and fear of the unknown.

Our Precisiontemp unit works great and uses much less propane than the old tank style units on previous RV's. Facts don't lie.

Keith

Keith and Gloria
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
USAF 1968-1976 Vietnam Veteran

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Tankless Water Heater
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS