RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Alaska Trip 2017' - Larson's Epic Adventure TR - (Part 4)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Alaska Trip 2017' - Larson's Epic Adventure TR - (Part 4)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
bka0721

Republic of Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/17 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What an amazing journey we have had following along with you, Sue and Peanut on your Alaska Adventure! I just wonder if the landscapes you viewed became so overwhelming, just as a rich Chocolate Sundae can be? The scenery is just intoxicating and your photography is beautifully framing all of this. Enjoyed viewing the wildlife you were able to capture. But one thing one exceptionally impressive, the lack of motor vehicles on the highways, you and Sue traversed. Well, save for one way off in the distance in your shot of Keystone Canyon.

Waiting patiently for more!

b

ORbiker

Springfield, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/17 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Going to Alaska is not just a rv vacation. It's an adventure. You never know what you are going to see or what might happen (especially on a motorcycle).

I fixed the pics by skipping Photobucket. I have 1,000's of pictures in photobucket and they won't let you share them any more without paying a huge fee. Luckily I still have all the pictures on some thumb drives.

I (2-10-05) bought a 2002 F350 CC SWD PSD and a new 2003 Citation 10'8. I have been a tent camper all my life. I wanted more comfort while camping and CraterLake Ski Patrol.
It's time for more space. I purchased a 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015.

Mello Mike

Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/17 11:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, Mark! Amazing photography and a great trip report. Alaska is still on my bucket list.

2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

GpnAZ

Phoenix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/17 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whazoo - Thanks Dave, I wish I was the wordsmith like you and bka, I love that "Alaskatastic" because that is what it was!

bka0721 - Thanks Bryan, if I could write as eloquently as you I would probably have double the views of our trip report. You're right, the views were intoxicating and overwhelming at times and the biggest reason I am writing these trip reports is to go back and refresh my memory of our trip! It was a harsh reminder getting back to Phoenix of the traffic differences between Alaska and Phoenix!

ORbiker - You're right, it is an adventure and probably even more so on a motorcycle, but I just cannot imagine with all the rain...., no thanks! Glad you got your pictures fixed, always fun to look at!

Mello Mike - Thanks Mike for your comments! Don't wait too long, Alaska is like Lay's potato chips, you can't go just once!

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie Megacab, DRW, 4X4, Cummins w/ Aisin transmission
2016 Arctic Fox 811
1997 Jeep TJ
Truck Camper Adventure with Mark Larson
www.MarkLarsonPhotography.com
www.flickr.com/photos/gpnusa
www.flickr.com/photos/gpnaz
www.flickr.com/photos/his_cross

Ramp Digger

Hiawassee Ga

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/17 11:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all your work posting your trip. The wife and I enjoyed every picture. Alaska is an adventure all its own like no other. Our first trip up there was almost 30 years ago when we were first married. We tent camped and cooked most meals on an open fire or old coleman gas stove for 6 weeks. As I remember a lot of the roads were gravel or mud and dust. We used the 4 wheel drive in our old ford truck several times. Saw a grizzly bear chase some people, luckily they made it to their truck just in time. Panned gold and found some. Seen many of the same people traveling the alcan at different times and places and got to know them. We helped each other change tires and make minor repairs along the way. Met several of the local native people and learned all about living in the far north. For us Alaska was the greatest adventure of our lifetime.

05 dodge 3500 cummins diesel, 8.5 alaskan on flatbed

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Alaska Trip 2017' - Larson's Epic Adventure TR - (Part 4)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS