|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Bought Thor 23u

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
cbigham

orange , CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/17 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a leftover 2017 with the e450 chassis I wanted in case of towing. Settled on this because I didn't want slides. Seen too many problems and had a couple of my own on my funmover 39c. The rv will be used In wind, rain, sand storms possible, snow possible. I'm an avid motorcycle guy, off roader, so I'll likely be carrying a 300 lbs ktm 625sxc or xr650r dual sport on hitch rack or towing an enclosed trailer with stuff or a jeep.

Anything in particular I should check Thor wise,or in general before signing away my money? Any known flaws on these newer models?

Also doesn't come with a convection microwave, any tips on who has a good one cheap? Perfectly happy doing install at home if need be, and 200w of solar.

Thanks,
Cb

mikebreeze

Manassas, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/17 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Thor Majestic 23A which is probably very similar to what you are looking at. I've had no major issues. 2 things to look at if buying used: The roof and the rear inside tires. My roof had been patched. Didn't notice it until later. Also, the rear inward and spare tires didn't have much tread on them. Didn't notice till later. I have since corrected these issues but wished I would have discovered them when doing the walk thru. Mine came w/ a micro-convection. You can probably find a decent one for a few hundred bucks.

2006 Four Winds Majestic 23A

falconbrother

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/17 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My neighbor has one of those, a couple of years old, really nice. One night I noticed that her tail lights were out. Both of them leaked and had water trapped in there. The light assemblies had to be replaced. Other than that she uses it a lot and loves it. She's never had a breakdown of any kind.

Grangrey4

Tn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/19 07:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guess what? I had a bulb go in my right side tail light. Did not see water but thought of your post! I do really like this unit.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/19 10:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They must be pretty well made,they are used extensively in the Rental Market so they have to be rugged and dependable.

My Former Rental a Fleetwood Tioga has been pretty much trouble free.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

RCandDot

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/19 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have same unit 2013 , only problem was to replace those tail lights that leak. new design much nicer and sealed better.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/19 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make sure you check the housing on the tail lights. I had a Thor several years ago and the housing leaked causing a bulb to short. In checking it out the plywood behind the light (behind the fiberglass) was soaked and developed mold. The lens wasn't properly caulked and it leaked water into the rear wall. I can't tolerate mold due to lung issue and we had to end up selling it - full disclosure to the new buyers.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Bought Thor 23u
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS