|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Well, today it happened!! ~Updated~

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 18  
Next
Sponsored By:
~DJ~

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/18 08:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Driving down the freeway got the message for low fuel pressure. Few seconds later in to limp mode. Barely got off the freeway safely. AAA towed my truck to the Dealer. My HPFP grenaded at 9300 miles!! Took the injectors with it along with a myriad of other junk. And I do mean JUNK. 2016 Suer Duty with 9300 miles!!! Run nothing but Chevron diesel from a high volume station.

I'm done!! Back to gas!! Don't care if I only climb the mtns at 45 MPH!!! [emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

* This post was edited 01/13/18 02:57pm by ~DJ~ *

'16 FORD F250 6.7 373 FX4 Lifted with 35" Toyos Air Bags

'16 Arctic Fox 25R. Xantrex 2000 inverter/charger, four Trojan 6 volts, 450 watts solar.

DiskDoctr

PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 08:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What kind of additive for anti-gel did you use? If none, that can damage your pump

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love old iron but this is one of the reasons i refuse to buy a new truck.

Sorry for your loss.

1992 D250 Cummins, 5spd, 4"' straight piped, sensors deleted, airbags, DAP injectors, 18cm.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 09:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear that man.

BTW, not all diesels are the same in regards to injection pumps. Some use more reliable pumps than others and they will not grenade when/if they fail.

LIKE2BUILD

Decatur

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/18 09:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow man, really sorry to hear about that. Seems like there are still some problems with the Bosch CP4 HPFP. Hopefully your dealer stands behind everything and doesn't try to hide behind 'contaminated fuel' and tell you it's your problem.

I'm still running all OEM fuel and emissions systems on my RAM 6.7L. So far no major issues and hope none come. I think I'm glad I have the Bosch CP3 in my truck. Not that I can't have problems, but it sure seems like these CP4 grenades are a nightmare.

KJ

2012 Sandpiper 32QBBS
'14 Ram 2500 | Crew Cab Long Bed| 4X4 | Cummins TurboDiesel
Curt Q20 with Ram 5th Wheel Prep
2000 Crownline 205BR
1997 Ranger Comanche 461VS
'96 Polaris SLT780 PWC
'94 Polaris SLT750 PWC
3 Wonderful Sons (18, 11, & 10)
1 forgiving wife!!!

~DJ~

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/18 09:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DiskDoctr wrote:

What kind of additive for anti-gel did you use? If none, that can damage your pump

Ford. Right from the Dealer.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 09:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LIKE2BUILD wrote:

I'm still running all OEM fuel and emissions systems on my RAM 6.7L. So far no major issues and hope none come. I think I'm glad I have the Bosch CP3 in my truck. Not that I can't have problems, but it sure seems like these CP4 grenades are a nightmare.

KJ

Yeah the two piston CP4 pumps out higher max pressures than the three piston CP3 found in the Cummins 6.7L with less volume for lubrication. Not a good combo with ULSD.

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 09:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm really sorry as well to hear this. Be sure to stay in close contact with the dealer to help ensure that it will be covered under warranty. Please keep us posted.

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

DSteiner51

Wooster, Oh

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/18 03:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

30 years ago we used 19,000psi water to cut 3/8 thick steel in potentially explosive environments and went thru nozzles, and now we use 28,000psi for fuel injection. When diesels went to high pressure common rail is when I decided no more diesels. Fuel mileage is no better then what we got back in the ‘80’s without such high priced systems. Went from every engine a diesel except the string trimmer to no more diesel except one older compact diesel tractor still using older tech.

Sorry for your luck but I’m not surprised. I’m more surprised that the problem is not more common.

D. Steiner
The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.

IdaD

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That surprises me - I thought the CP4 had been revised and improved from the version used in the earlier Powerstrokes? Hope you get it fixed under warranty ASAP.

2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 18  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Well, today it happened!! ~Updated~
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS