|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Rte 93 in Arizona

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
traindriver1

central illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What kind of road is Rte 93 in Arizona between I-40 and Wickenburg? I see it on the map as being a scenic drive but was wondering if it is mountain road and would it be a hard pull for a 35ft fifth wheel?

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

25 Views Of US-93

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

david_iona

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

93 is one of the major routes for travel between Las Vegas area and the Phoenix valley. Good highway with speed limits between 55 mph and 65 mph, some rough surface area will require slowing down but excellent for rv towing. Just came through a couple of days ago. Iv headed to the Phoenix area consider taking Highway 74 10 miles south of Wickenburg to I17 to avoid all the stop n go traffic on Highway 60 into the Phoenix area.

traindriver1

central illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 09:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the info on rte 93. Looks like the way to go. Thanks for the rte 70 info, didn't see that one for some reason. Old Bisquit, Don't think I ever said Thank You for the help you gave me on my motorhome a couple years go. So THANK YOU for your help.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/18 05:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When in doubt, bring up Google Maps in the computer find the route you want then go to street view and actually see the roadway from a driver's perspective. I use Google Maps all the time for route planning. One other option is to get the Motor Carrier's Atlas, which shows approved routes for 18-wheelers.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/18 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When headed south from Wickenburg take the new 303 freeway south to I-10 to miss all of the stop and go {multiple lights} on 60. Beautiful, brand dandy new freeway with not much traffic... yet. Coming out of Phoenix it is also a great way to get from I-10 up to 60.

bigorange

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/18 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

When headed south from Wickenburg take the new 303 freeway south to I-10 to miss all of the stop and go {multiple lights} on 60. Beautiful, brand dandy new freeway with not much traffic... yet. Coming out of Phoenix it is also a great way to get from I-10 up to 60.

This...excellent advice.

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

ohhell10339

Missoula

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/18 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To describe this route as "scenic" is stretching the definition of the term, but it is the only logical route between Feenicks and Vegas. You want to avoid the initial stop and go sections through all the retirement cities. One way to do that is to take I-17 north to Carefree Highway and then west to just south of Wickenburg. Longer in distance but shorter, sometimes much shorter, in time.

Watch out for the County Mounties on 93, particularly on the stretch between Kingman and Vegas. They know that by this point, drivers are terminally bored and want to get the awful drive over with (hearing the sound of slot machines in the distance).

mt1729

Helena, MT. summer, Wellton, AZ winter

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/18 11:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't pay too much attention to that ohell person. 93 is a great drive. I enjoyed it thoroughly. So enjoy!!

Moose

ohhell10339

Missoula

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/18 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mt1729 wrote:

Don't pay too much attention to that ohell person. 93 is a great drive. I enjoyed it thoroughly. So enjoy!!

Gee, the people on these forums sure seem to enjoy the personal attacks!

I've driven 93 between Phoenix and Vegas at least fifty times, and I stand by my assessment that its only two salient features are boredom and speeding tickets. I've sometimes swung all the way over to Flagstaff, even though doing so adds two hours to the trip, just to avoid driving 93 yet again.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Rte 93 in Arizona
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS