RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Was just gifted a RV. Excited but worried. 80 dodge jamboree

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Was just gifted a RV. Excited but worried. 80 dodge jamboree

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev
Sponsored By:
4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/18 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, heck of a job. Looks like nice work so far.

BTW, just in case you weren't aware, the lug nuts on your right rear are reverse thread (that caused me a bit of cussing prior to learning that!!)[emoticon]

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R (2), '85 BW200, '07 TRX400EX, '12 Husky TE310
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II, '95 FX1

j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/18 09:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4van wrote:

BTW, just in case you weren't aware, the lug nuts on your right rear are reverse thread

The reverse (lefty tightie righty loosie) threads would be on the LEFT or Driver side. On our 1971 Dodge Van, both Lefts were Left Thread. I replaced the front drum brakes with disc from a 1974, leaving lefty threads on only the left rear. I felt that was going to cause problems at tire shops so I pounded them out and replaced with righty.

Our first Class C was on 1983 Ford E350, and its left had lefty too. Hard to remember now, but I think it was only left rear duals.

If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/18 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

j-d wrote:

4x4van wrote:

BTW, just in case you weren't aware, the lug nuts on your right rear are reverse thread

The reverse (lefty tightie righty loosie) threads would be on the LEFT or Driver side. On our 1971 Dodge Van, both Lefts were Left Thread. I replaced the front drum brakes with disc from a 1974, leaving lefty threads on only the left rear. I felt that was going to cause problems at tire shops so I pounded them out and replaced with righty.

Our first Class C was on 1983 Ford E350, and its left had lefty too. Hard to remember now, but I think it was only left rear duals.
Hmmm...I "thought" it was the right rear on my old '79 E350, but it appears you are right; it was the left rear.[emoticon]

Songbirds

Driveway

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/18 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OUTSTANDING:

Wish I were there to help you fix it up or maybe completely restoring her. First thing, I would address is finding a location where you can work on it over time. Next, remove all bedding. cloth curtains as to MOLE working with a face mask, NO JOKE. MAKING NOTE AS TO SIZING, then closing exam walls and spray it down as best you can with BLEACH a good mold killer. CLEAN OUT WATER HOLDING TANKS with BLEACH as well as replacing water hoses.

Then I would address what needs care under the hood, Tires, older trucks are much easier to work on. BUT Hey have fun lots to be done and the best part you own nothing. You may also want to work up the easement for yourself before putting a lot of money into it for any kind of a future return.

Here is some extra Information I found for you on the web:
1980 Dodge Plymouth, Fargo Desoto Plan Number #6606
VIN: F44 C09 V72 0442

This may be an AMAZON Book you may want to buy you just for the Truck part alone showing here for 1980:

Here is the AMAZON LINK to working on the 1980 Dodge Truck part of your RV

This will help you to fully understand the VIN Number as to Make, Model, Engine type and Much more good stuff you will need I'm sure.

254-Page VIN PDF

In closing, I think you will find the 294-page information on the VIN number very helpful. From what I read that had or still has a wonderful engine.

* This post was edited 04/04/18 11:57am by Songbirds *

NEW 2005 Winnebago Tour Class A Currently In-Search of NEW Class B or Class C. Would enjoy feedback suggestions as to 2018 Winnebago ERA 70M and or 2018 Winnebago FUSE 23T, "Both DRY-BATH, Suggestions Welcomed"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Was just gifted a RV. Excited but worried. 80 dodge jamboree
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS