RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Towing: Need assistance with identification...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Need assistance with identification...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
harperscott

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bought a used f350 about a year ago and have been unable to find anyone who can tell me what type of hitch, or who made, or anything about the under-bed rail system that was already in the truck when I purchased it - it is not your typical rail system as it is not a rectangle - the rear holes (connections) are narrower than the front - If anyone know who this is made by (no marks on it) OR what type hitch hooks into it, I would be greatly appreciative!!

[image]
Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

* This post was edited 02/12/18 06:13pm by an administrator/moderator *

lawrosa

Horry County

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boy thats a tough one.. I read references of it online but could not find any facts/solutions. Factory ford???

Whats year of truck?

Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

LIKE2BUILD

Decatur

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/18 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Definitely need to know the year of the truck. Newer Fords (2014+ I think) had the option of factory rail systems that are under the bed.

Take a look at the video for B&W Companion Hitch install for Ford Factory Rails. Based not that video, it doesn't seem like the pucks you have match the OEM kit.

The way the front and rear connections are offset and the direction of the slots makes me think it could be a PullRite Under Bed Connection System. IF that's correct, you'd need the PullRite Superglide 5th wheel hitch to mate up with that system.

Take a look at these Ford Under Bed Kit installation instructions and see if the recommended measurements match up with the hole locations in your bed.

KJ

2012 Sandpiper 32QBBS
'14 Ram 2500 | Crew Cab Long Bed| 4X4 | Cummins TurboDiesel
Curt Q20 with Ram 5th Wheel Prep
2000 Crownline 205BR
1997 Ranger Comanche 461VS
'96 Polaris SLT780 PWC
'94 Polaris SLT750 PWC
3 Wonderful Sons (18, 11, & 10)
1 forgiving wife!!!

lawrosa

Horry County

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 09:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LIKE2BUILD wrote:

Definitely need to know the year of the truck. Newer Fords (2014+ I think) had the option of factory rail systems that are under the bed.

Take a look at the video for B&W Companion Hitch install for Ford Factory Rails. Based not that video, it doesn't seem like the pucks you have match the OEM kit.

The way the front and rear connections are offset and the direction of the slots makes me think it could be a PullRite Under Bed Connection System. IF that's correct, you'd need the PullRite Superglide 5th wheel hitch to mate up with that system.

Take a look at these Ford Under Bed Kit installation instructions and see if the recommended measurements match up with the hole locations in your bed.

KJ

Isnt that odd though that its to the rear of the truck? In reference to the gooseneck cut out and the four other points.

As you see in the pic the proper points are there but around the center of the gooseneck cut out...

Slownsy

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/18 10:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is a pullrite under bead brackets for the superglide hitch nothing unusual about it.
Frank.

Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

LIKE2BUILD

Decatur

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I kind thought the placement was strange. I would have thought it wound be centered over the axle. But if it’s a super glide it will need support in the rear position too.

DSteiner51

Wooster, Oh

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Slownsy wrote:

It is a pullrite under bead brackets for the superglide hitch nothing unusual about it.
Frank.

Yep, Pullrite Superglide.

D. Steiner
The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Slownsy

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 05:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The pin is centered or in front of axle, I have got this hitch, if you' look at your brackets you will se that rear of hitch is supported on the chassis.

harperscott

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/18 12:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the truck is a 2013 - and I'll take measurements to compare with the Superrail mounting kit BUT that looks to be it // THANK YOU ALL!!! I am not sure why no one could tell me this until now // I even sent pictures and description to eTrailer.com guys and they had no idea (guess that should tell me something :-) THANKS THANKS THANKS!!! After I compare measurements, I'll let every one know. APPRECIATED!

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/18 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To be fair, etrailer.com doesn't appear to sell Pullrite, so they wouldn't recognize it.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Need assistance with identification...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS