|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Truck stop

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Learjet

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/18 11:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can say for sure I have never delayed any trucker the times I have used a truck stop, All it takes is a little common sense to use one that is not backed up.

Everyone I have used has had open lanes and I tend to use them to get DEF at the pump.

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW long box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2015 Wildcat 317RL, MoRryde rubber pin box, Titan Disc Brakes, Trojan T105
B&W Ram Companion

Yamaha EF2600c tri-fuel generator
Champion Model 46595- 3000/3500w

DogTrainer

Tulsa, Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/18 02:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes but walmart is better.

2007 Chevy 2500HD 6L Auto 4WD
2015 Keystone Outback 5th Wheel
Wife and 2 great kids, Son-Army 45th
Yellow Lab

sljohnson1938

Mount Airy, NC - USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/18 05:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

most truck stops you will not have any problems, I would park as far from the big rigs as I could.
I stay away from Love's because one (do not remember where) did not allow Rv overnite parking. So I do not buy anything there. Most of the Flying J or Pilot have parking away from the trucks. Usually up front, However, I have never had a problem with them.
Walmart's are my first choice when possible.

1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

GHop

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/18 06:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You know, I understand what you guys are saying about truckers, some what. While traveling, I have always respected everyone on the road, but the way some are putting it out, it like RV's don't belong in rest stops or other area's for large or oversize vehicles. That is that part that does not set well with me at all. If a person towing RV or trailer are sleeping and need rest, no one should tell them they don't belong. Last time I check, rest area's are paid by all of us and are for all of us. No I don't get that at all. I have not had a issue at stop stops but I don't use them, but to just tell a person they don't belong because he or she is towing a RV, really.

The other issue with leaving trash, not receiving permission to park over night or putting out chairs, I do understand.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/18 06:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GHop wrote:

You know, I understand what you guys are saying about truckers, some what. While traveling, I have always respected everyone on the road, but the way some are putting it out, it like RV's don't belong in rest stops or other area's for large or oversize vehicles. That is that part that does not set well with me at all. If a person towing RV or trailer are sleeping and need rest, no one should tell them they don't belong. Last time I check, rest area's are paid by all of us and are for all of us. No I don't get that at all. I have not had a issue at stop stops but I don't use them, but to just tell a person they don't belong because he or she is towing a RV, really.

The other issue with leaving trash, not receiving permission to park over night or putting out chairs, I do understand.
Actually I've not seen any posts that speak about rest areas and trucks, the posts I've read that say "Give trucks their space" are about truck stops, and the operative word there is "truck". The truck stops are built pretty much for over-the-road trucks and truckers. Rest areas, not so much, and no one has said a word about RV's taking space from truckers at rest areas.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/18 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Learjet wrote:

I can say for sure I have never delayed any trucker the times I have used a truck stop, All it takes is a little common sense to use one that is not backed up.

Everyone I have used has had open lanes and I tend to use them to get DEF at the pump.

Pumps are not the issue, fuel and move ASAP. We are talking over night parking. Rest areas are open to all first come. Wonder what the RVers would say the trucks would take over the RV parks? There is a nation wide shortage of commercial truck parking. There are some truck stops have dedicated RV parking, not the issue issue. Leave the truck spots for the trucks, pretty hard to find spaces that take 75' of truck. Think it's BS here some reading from the Federal highway commission.

https://ops.fhwa.dot.gov/freight/documents/cmvrptcgr/index.htm#conclu

Keep abreast of the industry.
Drivers Magazine http://www.landlinemag.com/

2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
2000 F250 7.3 longbed airbags sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT, Layton 24.5LT sold

Learjet

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/18 07:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Edd505 wrote:

Learjet wrote:

Pumps are not the issue, fuel and move ASAP. We are talking over night parking. Rest areas are open to all first come. Wonder what the RVers would say the trucks would take over the RV parks? There is a nation wide shortage of commercial truck parking. There are some truck stops have dedicated RV parking, not the issue issue. Leave the truck spots for the trucks, pretty hard to find spaces that take 75' of truck. Think it's BS here some reading from the Federal highway commission.

https://ops.fhwa.dot.gov/freight/documents/cmvrptcgr/index.htm#conclu

Keep abreast of the industry.
Drivers Magazine http://www.landlinemag.com/

you are correct sir...I got this thread mixed up with another about fueling. FYI...I would never over night at a truck stop...just my choice.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/18 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lots of places for a quick overnight. I personally avoid truck stop and rest area's, to noisy for me. Would rather stop at a small campground for the electric hookups.

Wild Card

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/18 07:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Truckers will stop anywhere needed to get some rest, Off ramps, rest areas, truck stops, weigh stations etc...and so will I. The end result is a big mess on the hwy that the tax payers have to clean up and hopefully nobody is dead in the process. Moral of story... if you need to rest, rest.

2015 Ram 3500 Dually
2017 Voltage Triton 2951

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/18 06:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the OP probably gets the idea by now.
Thread closed.
Barney

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Truck stop
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS