|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> TPMS Systems

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/18 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TST is a good system except for their excessive time for the monitor to notify you that it has lost contact with a sensor. It can take an hour for that to happen. Way too long.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

tim1970

Fort Worth,TX

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/18 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have heard good things about the TST system, but according to their website I can't use it with rubber valve stems. How big of an ordeal is it for me to switch out my current valve stems? I have a 2017 29.5 Jayco BHDS.

2017 Jayco 29.5 BHDS

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/18 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My BIL has the TST and I looked at it yesterday for the first time. The wheel sensors are HIDEOUS! Plus they stick out past the tires just waiting to be snapped off by rubbing a curb or snagging a bush.

Besides OEM in the tire types are there others that are not so bulbous?

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

stripit

Prescott

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/18 04:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

My BIL has the TST and I looked at it yesterday for the first time. The wheel sensors are HIDEOUS! Plus they stick out past the tires just waiting to be snapped off by rubbing a curb or snagging a bush.

Besides OEM in the tire types are there others that are not so bulbous?

I used to sell the TST systems for years, was one of the very first to sell them. In all the time I sold, never heard of one time someone hitting a curb and losing a sensor. Might have happend, just I never got that report. The system worked as advertised and has only got better over time. And yes they also sell inside the tire senders so you don't have to have the sender on the end of the tire valve.

Stacey Frank
2018 Holiday Rambler Admiral XE 31A
SMI Braking system
08 Lexus 400H hybrid
2015 Cadillac SRX
1991 Avanti Convertible

kenvs

Farmington, MN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/18 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TT500, accurate, easy to program and lifetime warranty says it all!

'17/RAM 3500 Cummins dually
'18 Forest River Riverstone 38RE
US Army Retired

CoffeePat

Baytown

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/18 08:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went with the EEZ tire also. It is an easy setup. BUT, hasn't anyone else had this problem that the sensors quit communicating with the monitor. Only happens when I'm in pretty remote locations. I get a beep that freaks me out. I slow down, wife grabs the monitor and waits an eternity it seems like for it to scroll thru all the tires only to find that one of the tires is completely blank. I've lost it on all 4 tires before. Then they start working again when I get close to town again. Batteries all checked fine. You can contact them easily enough. They said it's sounded like a signal problem, Maybe interference. Crazy that it comes and goes. Just to let you know...

Learjet

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/18 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just made my first trip with the EEZ tire set up, no communication issues in my 1.5 hour drive. They do make a repeater to increase the range of the signal. You may want to try mounting the receiver in a different spot, maybe higher on the windshield.

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW long box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2015 Wildcat 317RL, MoRryde rubber pin box, Titan Disc Brakes, Trojan T105
B&W Ram Companion

Yamaha EF2600c tri-fuel generator
Champion Model 46595- 3000/3500w

RAS43

Littleton,CO

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/18 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CoffeePat,
Since the receiver and sensors communicate with each other directly and not thru some outside source I don't believe being in a remote area would effect the system. There could be interference from some electrical source but that would be rare I believe. I have been in some remote areas with my Pressure Pro system and never lost communication of the system even if my cell phone and car radio lost connections. I do have a repeater mounted in the trailer as I have
occasionally lost communication of a sensor on the boat I tow behind the trailer.

CoffeePat

Baytown

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/18 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting. I figured it was a WIFI thing needing a satellite. Still, I'm surprised more folks haven't experienced this. Figure I'm pretty typical. EEZ tire says they're good to @ 53 feet wo a booster and I'm probably @ 40, tandem axle to cab. No Booster. Would think my receiver placement would be OK because we can drive for hours & they work fine. It tends to happen after we've driven 4 or 5 hours. That could be a clue. But again what’s so weird with mine is that (without changing a thing) they will work for hours go blank and start working again hours later. Aggravating. I just double checked the batteries and they are all just above 3 Volts.

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/18 10:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

TST is a good system except for their excessive time for the monitor to notify you that it has lost contact with a sensor. It can take an hour for that to happen. Way too long.

My experience with the TST is that if communication with a sensor is lost, that sensor drops off the screen, alerting you to some sort of problem. In other words, you know it lost a sensor.

That problem (in my case) is always the distance issue since I went to a 35 ft TT. I've relocated the monitor but I'm at the distance limit so sensors will drop off. I'm adding the repeater to solve that problem

It seems there are some new brands out there that are performing very well too.

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> TPMS Systems
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS