RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: The difference between dry an loaded weight.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> The difference between dry an loaded weight.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jhelms89

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/18 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yeah I never travel with water tanks full. There more I read this forum the more I think im different style than many of you guys. We have like three spots we camp at that are all less than 50 miles from home. We dont take a lot with us and really only own a camper for the A/c while sleeping. We also almost never use our bathroom and go to the bathhouse if its close by.

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And I'm probably more different than most of the other RV'ers here.

I use my TT for tailgating weekends for all the home football games, and and many of the road games. The extreme was in 2016 when I pulled the trailer to 6 home games (430 mi round trip), plus road games from Richmond, VA to Syracuse, NY, South Bend, IN, and Orlando, FL.

In 2014 I used the TT for a cross country trip that was 7,900+ miles long. And this year, I hope to complete a trip to the northern Great Plains and Rockies which will be 5,900 miles long.

I rarely ever pull my trailer to a campsite in a state park and just hang out for a weekend, or week for that matter.

Of course, this is why all of us have such widely different trailers and other RV's. We all have different comfort levels that need to be met, and different uses of the RV which requires big differences in length, slides or no slides, and varying number of slides.

And the good thing is, there are a huge number of different types of RV's, and within the different types, lots of different floor plans, sizes, and amenities.

jhelms89 wrote:

yeah I never travel with water tanks full. There more I read this forum the more I think im different style than many of you guys. We have like three spots we camp at that are all less than 50 miles from home. We dont take a lot with us and really only own a camper for the A/c while sleeping. We also almost never use our bathroom and go to the bathhouse if its close by.

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Dachshund (RIP)
www.thetravelingkoala.blogspot.com
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 23RB
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg

And Blue Ox WDH/Sway Control

rbpru

North Central Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buy reading the above comments you can tell why the TT salesperson and the TV sales person, have no idea how or where you camp.

They really do not care how or what you do.

Hence it is the responsibility of the buyer to know these things. So, the more information this board can give them the better.

Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rbpru wrote:

Buy reading the above comments you can tell why the TT salesperson and the TV sales person, have no idea how or where you camp.

They really do not care how or what you do.

Hence it is the responsibility of the buyer to know these things. So, the more information this board can give them the better.
X2.... And it doesn't matter how you use it, the salesperson is positive that what he has is perfect for you.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2010 Palomino Sabre 30 BHDS
84 gal. Grey. 84 gal. Black
2 bathrooms, no waiting
2011 Silverado CC DA big dually.

BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

...And it doesn't matter how you use it, the salesperson is positive that what he has is perfect for you.

LMAO best yet! So true!!!

2001 Suburban 2500LT 8.1L/4.10
2008 Terry TT
Hensley Arrow Hitch
Dill TPMS, CorrecTrack alignment, LT tires

Downwindtracker2

BC

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And your TV can easily pull it.

Adventure before dementia

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> The difference between dry an loaded weight.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS