|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Drive her to the very end

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
run100

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/18 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now try to picture when the rig was brand spankin' new and being picked-up from the dealer by it's first owners . . . possibly the same owners as now.

2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/18 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

run100 wrote:

Now try to picture when the rig was brand spankin' new and being picked-up from the dealer by it's first owners . . . possibly the same owners as now.

Ya, wouldn't you be sad if it was your rig full of memories and you were driving it to the junkyard.

run100

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/18 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very true. It was sad to part with our first TC when we upgraded. We had a lot of fond memories in that first camper.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/18 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would question the intelligence of someone driving anywhere near that thing.

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/18 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All that body damage can be rubbed out by a good body man.

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

IBcarguy

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/18 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It won't be long and it will be found on some back street in San Jose with the plates gone and the ID plate removed. The city will have to bear the expense of hauling to the junk yard.

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/18 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IBcarguy wrote:

It won't be long and it will be found on some back street in San Jose with the plates gone and the ID plate removed. The city will have to bear the expense of hauling to the junk yard.

Wow, that's pessimistic. And,,, around here just removing the ID plate is not going to help. There are numbers stamped on every part and the police can use them to trace down the owner.

There was a guy in the paper a few years back that tried to steal a old pickup and junk it out. By the time the cops got wind of it he had most of the truck gone. But, he still had one part of the rear differential left. A number stamped into that proved where the vehicle came from and he got busted.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/18 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

IBcarguy wrote:

Wow, that's pessimistic. And,,, around here just removing the ID plate is not going to help. There are numbers stamped on every part and the police can use them to trace down the owner.

There was a guy in the paper a few years back that tried to steal a old pickup and junk it out. By the time the cops got wind of it he had most of the truck gone. But, he still had one part of the rear differential left. A number stamped into that proved where the vehicle came from and he got busted.

Wow, CSI Storden, eh?
I've had vehicles stolen and the cops didn't even want the Vin. Was a burden to fill out the report it seemed, enough to appease the ins co.
He!!, a buddy has an old RV he's just pulled the built 454 out of and now it's completely worthless. We were saying we should cut the vin #s out and tow it down to Seattle and donate it to the homeless! Be cheaper than scrapping it.

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/18 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

CavemanCharlie wrote:

IBcarguy wrote:

Wow, CSI Storden, eh?
I've had vehicles stolen and the cops didn't even want the Vin. Was a burden to fill out the report it seemed, enough to appease the ins co.

If I lived around there I would do some complain about the poor police service and vote someone into office what would be more professional. I understand about not getting right down to the point of pulling numbers off of the differential when you are in a big city and they have other things to do. But, not taking the VIN at all sounds really bad !!

People complain about crime but, if the police are not doing anything about it then crime is going to be bad.

Sorry if I didn't explain that very well.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Drive her to the very end
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS