RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Common question: Should I get a TT or MH? Selling after 6mo

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Common question: Should I get a TT or MH? Selling after 6mo

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ncrowley

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/18 01:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For that long a trip, you will definitely want to have a toad. You will want to see the sights and you do not want to drive the motor home around everywhere and hook/unhook every day.

Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/18 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seriously consider buying an ex-rental. Cruise America and El Monte have websites with lots of information regarding purchasing from their rental fleet. In your situation, that strategy makes a lot of sense. You can get into a RV for a surprising figure!

Also have a RV that has had proper maintenance,one thing that may be missing from a private party.

For more on this option This Thread may be of interest,there are more than 95 members that have done this and are very happy with their decision.

Both major companies have a Rent to Buy Option which may save you more money on a purchase of a Former Rental.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

nosebreaker

Boston

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/18 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wrong thread, mods please delete this reply

Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/18 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nosebreaker,

I would also be in the camp to suggest you'd enjoy the motorhome experience better. The only suggestion I'd make is to consider 5-10 year old gas class A's in your search as well. They often have better visibility, larger storage compartments and larger holding tank capacities.

I don't believe you've given a price range, but if you get a motorhome that is over 5 years in age, the majority of depreciation has already been taken. Plus there are more of them out there for you to choose from.

As others have said, you might decide you like the RV'ing lifestyle and wish to keep the rig for future trips. Of course, if you really live in Boston (MA?), I can see where owning an RV would be a tough concept.

Good Luck,

~Rick

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (21-Angel, Lexi96.org), 1 girl (16), 2 boys (17 & 14). Two Chinook dogs, 14 & 12.
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Common question: Should I get a TT or MH? Selling after 6mo
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS