|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Bunkhouse 5th wheels...suggestions

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Txfirerescue77

Tyler, tx

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/18 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi to everyone,
For the past 5 years my family has done well with our old trusty Four Winds 29Q TT, but as of 3 days ago we finally sold her with intentions of upgrading to a 5th wheel, We have 4 kids ranging from 1 - 14 so we definitely need something that sleeps at least six with out having to fold something out every day. So far I have found the Montana Mountaineer 345DBQ and we really like the set up with 4 bunks in the back with two rear slides, but that really seem to be all I have found so far. It seems most 5th wheels have the living room in the back and are set up for couples to live out of them. Any other models other than mentioned about with this set up? We like the Montana but have a hard time finding ones for sale, also they are pretty pricey to boot for even a decent used one. I would really like to stay under the $30k mark. I look forward to the advice

rbcamping

san diego

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/18 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you should look at toy haulers with a loft as well. Some of them have two beds that come down from the ceiling plus a loft over the garage area. Some of them even have a second bathroom and with that many kids you might need a second one. The only downside with most bunk house models and toy haulers is that the kitchens are small with little storage and the fridges are usually small. They do work well for short trips. One other note, the toy haulers usually have large water tanks.

camp-n-family

London, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/18 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keystone Copper Canyon 324fwbhs and the Forest River Arctic Wolf 315tbh are 2 that I’m considering. Similar to what I have in a tt and I really want another full outside kitchen. The Arctic Wolf has a bath and a half which is nice too.

'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

rbcamping

san diego

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/18 12:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What type of camping do you do? Look at the tank capacities and other specs to make sure they will cover you needs. 32 gallons of fresh water with six people won't last a day.

leggy

Montrose Pa

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/18 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We currently have a grand design with 4 bunks in the rear, one slide. I think it would be tight for your family though, not much space in bunk area other than beds.
We had a big Horn Silverado which had a full bunk house room with 2 slides, tons of space but it was 40ft and the exterior was cracking on both sides at corner of the slides. It was the first year of that model. Point is there are some out there, keep looking.

Halmfamily

Munford, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/18 05:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Forest River Sierra/Sandpiper 365SAQ. Will need a 1 ton to haul though.

2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

drwwicks

Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/18 06:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We recently bought a 2012 Prime Time Crusader 355BHQ with the rear bunk room. It's 39' and GVWR of 13.7K+-. The more recent models are a 360 or maybe 370 about 40+'. Pretty decent build quality and 4 slides for these versions. Bath and half with 2 doors.

2007 Itasca Horizon 40FD
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2015 Harley Davidson FLHTKL

Txfirerescue77

Tyler, tx

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/18 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven’t really thought about toy haulers, but I will check into them. We really only do park camping. I don’t really see us doing much boondocking. With 4 kids we always look for places with bathhouses and full hookups, especially with little ones it’s just easier, but we do like to take long trips so storage is a big thing we’re looking for. The main thing I like is the rear bunkhouse with two rear slides and a rear half bath. That gives the kiddos a pretty decent amount of space and they can all go to the back and watch a movie comfortably without being piled on top of each other.

Campinfan

Washtenaw County, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/18 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Halmfamily wrote:

Forest River Sierra/Sandpiper 365SAQ. Will need a 1 ton to haul though.

or the 369 SAQB which may have replaced the above. We just got one before Christmas. Has outdoor kitchen and half bath for the kids.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/18 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I walked through the local RV Show in PA yesterday, i bet 90% of the fifth wheels were shown were bunk houses... From mid bunks, to rear bunks, to BOTH mid and rear bunks...

Find a decent RV show and hit the road..... You will be sure to see a floor plan that tickles your fancy ...

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2016 Redwood 38RL Black~Silver

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Bunkhouse 5th wheels...suggestions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS