|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Considering a Diesel Pusher - Floorplan Question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
NCC-1701

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/18 06:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a little hard to give options when we don't know if you're looking new or used and perhaps a budget to help narrow it down.

Mine has a King bed, a very large sofa sleeper that could easily sleep two adults, plus a dinette that could sleep a shorter adult, especially if they slept diagonally on it. In addition, with opposing slides in front, it opens up so much that one or two people could put air mattresses down on the floor between the dinette and the kitchen counter, if needed. We also have two recliners that could be laid back and slept in. It would be a "full house" but my unit could sleep quite a few people, if needed.

"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/18 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your observation is correct. Diesel Pushers have their advantages. But they are often built for 2. There are a few family friendly models, but those are more kid friendly than adult/dude friendly.

07Duramax w/hips,12Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,K-Bee exhaust brake,RV safepower
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
Arvika rack,BakFlip,RVLock
5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,keyless RV Lock
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

KD4UPL

Swoope, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/18 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd love a MH because we travel more than we camp. But, I have 3 kids and I want something with at least 3, if not 4 bunk beds. This pretty much doesn't exist in a MH format. Therefore, I'm going to be going with a trailer, either a TT or FW, I don't know which.
You say you've seen "lots" of MH bunkhouse models? With 2 bunks or more? What were they, if you don't mind?

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/18 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KD4UPL wrote:

I'd love a MH because we travel more than we camp. But, I have 3 kids and I want something with at least 3, if not 4 bunk beds. This pretty much doesn't exist in a MH format. Therefore, I'm going to be going with a trailer, either a TT or FW, I don't know which.
You say you've seen "lots" of MH bunkhouse models? With 2 bunks or more? What were they, if you don't mind?

There are a fair few class C bunkhouse plans that have two bunk beds and room for a couple in a cabover bunk, besides the big bed in the back. That's one possibility.

Biggyniner

Gresham

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/18 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NCC-1701 wrote:

It's a little hard to give options when we don't know if you're looking new or used and perhaps a budget to help narrow it down.

Mine has a King bed, a very large sofa sleeper that could easily sleep two adults, plus a dinette that could sleep a shorter adult, especially if they slept diagonally on it. In addition, with opposing slides in front, it opens up so much that one or two people could put air mattresses down on the floor between the dinette and the kitchen counter, if needed. We also have two recliners that could be laid back and slept in. It would be a "full house" but my unit could sleep quite a few people, if needed.

Used, under $100K

Chris (KD7WZW)
94 Minnie Winnie 421RB on a E350 Ford chassis 460 v8

NCC-1701

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/18 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just for fun I looked through the pages of Diesel Motorhomes <$100K on PPL motorhome's website. I did not see any with bunks. Several had the back bed (Queen or King), 2 sofa sleepers, and a booth dinette.

I think you're going to have a hard time finding something in that range with bunks, but some searching might find you a unit with a floorplan where you could have some feature removed and bunks installed. Would just take a lot of looking at dealer websites and some time.

For more fun, I found this model...new and way above $100K...that basically fit what you said you're looking for in length, DP, bunks, etc. So what you are looking for does exist.

http://www.mhsrv.com/2019-thor-motor-coach-palazzo-33-3-bunk-house-rv-for-sale-w-full-wall-slide-new-diesel-pusher-tx-i2062500

Looking and searching is kinda fun anyway. Good luck!

* This post was last edited 03/07/18 09:09am by NCC-1701 *   View edit history

stvdman

MD

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/18 04:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Forest River Legacy, Winnebago Forza lineups both have bunk models.

I have slept in my last Super C bunks in a pinch, fine for me at 5'11". I also was stationed on a USCG ship in the past so was used to being a little "cramped but comfy".

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/18 05:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KD4UPL wrote:

Some examples here.....
DP's
Gas

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

mtofell1

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/18 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The drop down bunks over the driver's seats are much nicer for adults than bunks but not too many DPs have them... yet. They seem to be a growing thing.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KD4UPL wrote:

You travel more than you camp? How is that even possible? You drive and drive and drive, sleep a bit and drive and drive and drive? I think you are missing everything this Country has to offer!

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Considering a Diesel Pusher - Floorplan Question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS