RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Lance 2375--price negotiation?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Lance 2375--price negotiation?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/18 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My travel partner and I are interested in a Lance 2375 trailer. I am in TN and he is in IL. We would be dealing with a dealer in Huntsville, AL, or in Hiawatha, IA as the closest 2 Lance dealers.

Both of these dealers have Lance 2375 trailers listed at $50K give or take $1500. The one in AL has only one. The dealer in IA has 3.

From reading on here, I know that generally 25-30% off MSRP is reasonable.

I'm concerned that the scarcity of Lance dealers in this part of the country, and the greater scarcity of the 2375, put us in a weak position to negotiate price. It's not like a Forest River product where there are tons of similar trailers and dealers to choose from.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with a situation like this? Any tips?

Excuse me for rambling, I'm kind of thinking out loud here.

2006 Toyota Sienna
Single empty-nester in Middle TN

pfidahospud

Post Falls

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/18 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think 25-30% is a little ambitious with a trailer whose build/wait time is over a year. (High?) Quality Lance trailers are in high demand, and I wouldn't expect to get much more than 15-20% off MSRP. My best suggestion is to contact several different dealers and price shop.

rbpru

North Central Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/18 10:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are looking a TT with limited production and an upscale reputation. That and the fact that folk are willing to drive across country for them should tell you something.

Most likely you will have to do a lot of shopping for a bargain.

Let us know how you end up.

Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Bols2DawaLL

SW. Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/18 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have facebook you can join Lance Travel Trailers . You can also join LOA , Lance Owners of America , you might get more answers there .

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/18 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bols2DawaLL wrote:

If you have facebook you can join Lance Travel Trailers . You can also join LOA , Lance Owners of America , you might get more answers there .

Good idea. Thanks.

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/18 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I applaud your choice! If I could buy right now, that exact model (with the lounge option) is #1 on my list, barely beating a certain Outdoors Titanium model. I will probably wait for a market down turn to get the better deal, since I have a 5-7 year window before retirement and serious RVing. Would love to hear how it turns out for you guys if/when. Good luck!

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

Fishhunter

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/18 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Owned a Lance 2285 for couple years. Frames on them are too light weight and the axels were junk. Hopefully they've gone to dexter axels and heavier frames, otherwise it was a decent TT.

ORV 24RLS Titanium on order
2015 Ram 3500 SRW, LB,Tork Lift tiedowns, Stableloads, Superhitch,Hellwig Bigwig, Fast Guns
2015 Adventurer 86FB

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/18 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fishhunter wrote:

Owned a Lance 2285 for couple years. Frames on them are too light weight and the axels were junk. Hopefully they've gone to dexter axels and heavier frames, otherwise it was a decent TT.

This is what the Lance website says about axles:

"Heavy duty rubber torsion-bar suspension axles allow for independent articulation, providing a better towing experience off-road in addition to featuring EZ-lube bearings and self adjusting brakes for easy maintenance."

And regarding frames:

"Engineered super lightweight, powder coated, tempered steel custom chassis Huck bolt construction eliminates weak and rust-prone welds."

Don't know if those items are improvements or not.

Fishhunter

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/18 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Super light weight" is the problem. Dont remember if it had Lippert or Axis axels under it. Dexter is much better than the other two, I did hear that Dexter bought out Axis. Although they can be pulled with a light TV. For the money I would look at ORV or Arctic Fox.

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/18 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It sounds like Fishhunter, being in Alaska and all, may use the travel trailer in a more robust manner? I've drug my current trailer way off road and into some seriously remote areas. But I'm reaching a point where my adventures will mostly be on pavement. I'm assuming that might make a difference in how the frame and axles hold up?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Lance 2375--price negotiation?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS