|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
nadkaw1957

Reno

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 08:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Camping" is a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Me? I go camping so that I'm not at home - yardwork, house cleaning, maintenance, etc. I go to a local regional campground, and I don't care if all I do is spend the weekend inside watching TV or reading. The point is, I'm not at home and I don't HAVE to do ANYthing.

2018 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK
2018 Toyota Tundra 5.7L

RandACampin

Kathleen, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Personally I really don't care what others do, except for the stinky, smokey campfires. There are quite a few posts in this thread that state they don't care what others do, but are worded in quite a judgemental way. AFATG if you really don't care, why would you ask? Obviously you do care and are curious, but are the semi-derogatory comments really necessary?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Personally I really don't care what others do, except for the stinky, smokey campfires. There are quite a few posts in this thread that state they don't care what others do, but are worded in quite a judgemental way. AFATG if you really don't care, why would you ask? Obviously you do care and are curious, but are the semi-derogatory comments really necessary?

2X. I tend to agree with the OP in that if I went camping I wouldn't want to spend all day in the camper. But it's not necessary to belittle those who do. If they're happy spending all day in their camper it doesn't bother me.

rogerddd

Sacramento, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The new Class C we bought recently came with three TVs. Three – please. One is outside so our campsite neighbors can “enjoy” whatever we might choose to watch. We have had, and used, the rig six months and have not yet turned on any TV. Camping for me is not about watching TV.

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

But it's not necessary to belittle those who do. If they're happy spending all day in their camper it doesn't bother me.

Anyone who feels "belittled" because someone notices the lack of people outside their campers is pretty thin skinned. A common characteristic on these threads.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TomG2 wrote:

DallasSteve wrote:

But it's not necessary to belittle those who do. If they're happy spending all day in their camper it doesn't bother me.

Anyone who feels "belittled" because someone notices the lack of people outside their campers is pretty thin skinned. A common characteristic on these threads.
But it's not the "noticing" that is the problem, it's the snide remarks made since these people obviously aren't doing what the poster wants them to do.

"Are they afraid of their neighbors?"
"Hopefully, younger people get out more."
"...if I want to stay inside and watch TV, I'll just stay home."
"...but I am surprised that people will spend a lot of money to not sit around a campfire..."
"Seemed odd not to encounter even one person out stretching their legs. Maybe Oprah was on the tv?"
"I understand being confined by weather or unpleasant surroundings. This was not the case."
"I think every one is either having smart phone up to their ear or playing on their I-pad."

For people that don't care what other people are doing, there's a lot of snarky speculation going on.

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 01:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Touchy Touchy is all that I can say. If people want to mention that I might be watching Oprah instead of hiking the trails, so what? If people feel belittled by such Happy Hour conversations, I apologize. We must be the most easily offended generation in history. See, I did it again.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TomG2 wrote:

Touchy Touchy is all that I can say. If people want to mention that I might be watching Oprah instead of hiking the trails, so what? If people feel belittled by such Happy Hour conversations, I apologize. We must be the most easily offended generation in history. See, I did it again.

For the record, if you check my post, I didn't say you belittled anyone. Why would you think I was talking about you? (I'm posting that with a sly grin).

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TomG2 wrote:

Some people simply can't take a bit of criticism. A little too thin-skinned would be my diagnosis.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS