|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think there's a difference between "destination camping" and "spending nights at a campground because we're sightseeing/visiting/etc". When we gather the family and spend a weekend at a State Park, we live outdoors. We cook outdoors/eat outdoors; and are generally either hiking, playing with the kids, or parked around the campfire. Oh, you'll see us and hear us ;-)

But other times, you won't see us because we're merely camping as we sightsee. We don't bother to have campfires and we eat at restaurants. We're probably inside, checking emails and watching the news. Being anti-social and all....LOL!

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

I think there's a difference between "destination camping" and "spending nights at a campground because we're sightseeing/visiting/etc". When we gather the family and spend a weekend at a State Park, we live outdoors. We cook outdoors/eat outdoors; and are generally either hiking, playing with the kids, or parked around the campfire. Oh, you'll see us and hear us ;-)

But other times, you won't see us because we're merely camping as we sightsee. We don't bother to have campfires and we eat at restaurants. We're probably inside, checking emails and watching the news. Being anti-social and all....LOL!

X2

brianosaur

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

We have a fire pit at home, ... We have minimal neighbors ... and can pee in our own front yard (if a car is not passing by).

How often does the WIFE do that?![emoticon]

brianosaur

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We usually like to engage with our neighbors while at campsites.
Having a 10y/o kinda *invites* other kids ...and eventually the people who make sure they are still breathing.

We put up a sign like this the last few years and it is sure one good way to get folks to stop and talk.

[image]

mike brez

milford ct

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I stay inside the rv because what I do inside the rv you wouldn't want to see me do on top of the picnic table outside. [emoticon]

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 05:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TomG2 wrote:

Touchy Touchy is all that I can say. If people want to mention that I might be watching Oprah instead of hiking the trails, so what? If people feel belittled by such Happy Hour conversations, I apologize. We must be the most easily offended generation in history. See, I did it again.

While I completely agree with you on people's thin skin these days, I find it ironic that you took issue with people correcting your grammar. [emoticon]

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wnjj wrote:

I find it ironic that you took issue with people correcting your grammar. [emoticon]

Oh, golly gee, did I whine and cry about being "belittled" by someone pointing out a grammatical error? NOT. If I were to pick at all the misspelled words and grammatical mistakes that I see every day on the forums, that is all I would get done. I made a mistake. I will make moore. See how easy it is?

winnietrey

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Humans, do much better, when they get out, and move, they do better both physically and mentally. What others do, is not my call, nor is it, my business. But I can say, without reservation, for our physical and mental health, walking, biking whatever is much better than watching the news all day.

* This post was edited 03/08/18 07:18pm by winnietrey *

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 07:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

brianosaur wrote:

Having a 10y/o kinda *invites* other kids ...and eventually the people who make sure they are still breathing.

We put up a sign like this the last few years and it is sure one good way to get folks to stop and talk.

[image]
Who could resist a face like Boomers. Camping reminds me of a bygone era when people visited with their neighbors. If you walk by my campsite of a morning I usually have a fresh pot of coffee.

I can understand that some just want to decompress and prefer some quiet time.

brianosaur

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/18 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

brianosaur wrote:

[image]
Who could resist a face like Boomers. Camping reminds me of a bygone era when people visited with their neighbors.

Most of the time we love the social aspect of camping. Thats partly why we go. Our home neighbors are duds and when we get to a campground most peeps are very friendly.

Yes Boomer is quite the looker.

He's a big "Chick Magnet“ at the campground.

…and a kid magnet
… and their parents magnet
… and a pack of teenagers magnet

Oh yeah, and sloshy dudes with red solo cups in their hands magnet.

He brings em all in and gushes over everyone, but we dont mind. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS