RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Quality within the Forest River line of Trailers

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Quality within the Forest River line of Trailers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 04:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turns out the dealer can get a much better interest rate than I can as a private citizen calling the bank. A full 1.76 points lower! So I negotiated a fair trade in for my current travel trailer and a great deal on a new 5th Wheel. So I pulled the trigger and ordered a 2019 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 286RL today. Only thing I changed on it was instead of the 10.7cf residential fridge and inverter that's a power hog when boondocking, I got it with a 8cf RV fridge that runs on AC or Propane. I should have it in 5-6 weeks which is fine since we aren't booked to go camping for another 10 weeks.

mkweis

Sacramento, California

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/18 01:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would suggest a trip to Indianna to tour some of the factories before you buy. It will be very informative and they are free. I had a 2007 FR Silverback that we liked for some time. We ordered a new one in 2016 and purchased it from a dealer in Ohio that was a high volume, lowest price. Saved major $ and hauled it home ourselves. Another major $ savings. Spend some time at RV Dealers and shows searching for the floor plans you like and the amenities you want. Don't accept anything less than what you are looking for. It is generally a large investment. Most dealers are hooked up with reasonable nationwide lenders so if you aren't locked in to one at home, don't worry about it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Quality within the Forest River line of Trailers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS