|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Help me decide on a 110 volt tire inflator

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

JaxDad wrote:

Do many people pick up nails or screws in their tires?
No, but some of us go from hot to cold weather.

Yeah, we don’t get much in the way of hot and cold swings in temperature here.

We don’t generally get much colder than about -30 F or warmer than 95 F.

Generally in the winter it’s about 5 F when I leave home and about 65 F the next morning.

Tires are sealed units, at highway speeds friction heats tires up to roughly the same temperature.

4aSong

Northwest Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 07:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In further researching the different unit which compare closely to the Dewalt DWFP55126 I came across the Bostitch BTFP02012

Bostitch BTFP02012

The specs for both the Dewalt and the Bostitch are very comparable except for a slight noise and price difference, the best prices I was able to find was the Dewalt is $167.99 verses the Bostitch which is $99.99.

Am I missing something here? Please help me make an informed decision as all I will be using it for is the occasional adding air to my vehicles tires (max 80 psi) and blowing sawdust off my shop equipment.

Mike and Nancy

Tundra TRD V8 4WD w/Leer Shell
Lance Model 1985 - The Kramalot Inn
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 08:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4aSong wrote:

In further researching the different unit which compare closely to the Dewalt DWFP55126 I came across the Bostitch BTFP02012

Bostitch BTFP02012

The specs for both the Dewalt and the Bostitch are very comparable except for a slight noise and price difference, the best prices I was able to find was the Dewalt is $167.99 verses the Bostitch which is $99.99.

Am I missing something here? Please help me make an informed decision as all I will be using it for is the occasional adding air to my vehicles tires (max 80 psi) and blowing sawdust off my shop equipment.

Yeah, you ARE missing "something".

Those are "oil less" compressors which ARE junk, there is no oil lubrication to keep bearings lubricated and cool.

They ARE noisy, run at high speed, will vibrate and hop around, produce very low CFMs so inflating large high pressure tires will take a lot of time, low CFM will give you only seconds of air to "blow off the shop equipment" and worst of all if you use them hard and they won't last for the price.

If you are going to go with an oiless at your price range you may as well buy the cheapest one you can find.

Something from Harbor Freight will fill the bill for half the price..

[image]

Can find one HERE regular price is $57 but you can often find them on sale for $39..

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a 40 year old Sears Craftsman compressor still sealed in plastic for a dollar at a garage sale. Stamping on side Made In USA. It buzzes it vibrates, and it fills toad tires. Same house I purchased a made in USA WEN pistol grip 300 watt soldering gun kit also wrapped in plastic for another dollar. A memorable Saturday. Don't overlook garage sales in affluent areas [emoticon]

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/18 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4aSong wrote:

Bostitch BTFP02012

While the Bostitch would have been my choice, over the Porter Cable models, you just can't go wrong with Dewalt products. I am not a reconditioned buyer myself, but both of these models are available as factory certified reconditioned, at quite a reduced price. Maybe for your use/price point, this could be a consideration. I can only vouch for the Dewalt model, from actually using it, and contrary to post above, from someone that obviously has not used it, it is not junk.

Jerry

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/18 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought THIS QUIET COMPRESSOR over 10 years ago to use for my conversion air bags charging, so I did not have to run the "rocket" Detroit for long minutes before rolling.
When mounted inside motorhome basement, you could stand outside the compartment and not hear it in normal campground noise.
I liked it so much, that I keep it after the coach sale.
It is oil-less, what I like for tire inflation and the draw is so small, that it will run even on Ford factory 350W inverter.
It takes couple minutes to pump the pressure, but for car tire addition the tank gives enough supply, so since the compressor is so light, I just carry it to the car unplug and the tank has enough pressure for normal car addition.
For truck tires, I just use self-holding chuck, set the needed pressure on regulator and go to other tasks when compressor is working.
Also very handy for small jobs with finishing nailer or stapler.
In the mean time I bought similar looking compressor from Harbor Freight. That thing needed like 10 minutes to build the pressure and broke barely used.

4aSong

Northwest Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/18 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

I bought THIS QUIET COMPRESSOR over 10 years ago

Does this unit dance around on the floor when running?.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/18 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yuza rug.
how hard can it be?

4aSong

Northwest Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/18 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Yuza rug.
how hard can it be?

If you are saying to place a carpet or rug piece under the unit I have tried this before and it is of little help.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Help me decide on a 110 volt tire inflator
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS