|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Arctic Fox 29L

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
gliddendriver

Door County, WI

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking at a used Arctic Fox 29L for full-timing this summer on an extended trip (Wisconsin to Arizona, up through California, Oregon, Washington, back by way of Montana and Wyoming).

I will pulling my rig with a 2017 F250 diesel. I plan on installing a Blue Ox Swaypro hitch. My question is would I regret having that size and length for a long trip? Will I be too limited as far as places to stay with TT that's 32' long from bumper to hitch? The AF has a great layout, but it's long and heavy.

donn0128

Pronounced Ore-gun

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably your only regret will be weight. AFs are heavy, pulling one with your truck would probably put a serious dent into your rear axle weight limit.

Don,Lorri,and Charlie Bear 2016
8 years OSP Camp Host
The Other Dallas

Waunacamper

SC Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You should have no problems. There will be places you can't fit such as some sites in State/National parks but will always be able to find a place. Wife and I take turns driving and have never had trouble getting around. Once in a while a gas station looks too tight and just move on to the next one. Enjoy

2017 ORV Timber Ridge 27BHS
2015 Ram 2500 (6.4/4.10)

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 07:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have an Arctic Fox and Blue Ox SwapPro hitch....great combination.

You should have no problem handling it with the numbers that a 2017 F250 diesel puts out...and you have a great adventure planned. You will be very comfortable living in a 29L,

Have a great trip.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Arctic Fox is a really good brand. Like others said, your's is a little heavier than similar trailers. You've got plenty of truck to handle the weight though. I think 31' is probably small enough to fit at most parks. You should be fine!

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

NascarBobnBeth

kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i have a arctic fox 30u. its heavy and i pull it with a 2500hd chevy gas engine and don't have any problems,i also haven't had any problems getting in campgrounds

gliddendriver

Door County, WI

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies so far. I feel better about it with some similar minded folks having good results. My only concern with this unit is outside storage. Inside storage is very good with this unit, outside storage appears very limited. Any input on that? What do you typically carry besides hoses and cords in outside storage?

Regarding the dining table and chairs, what do you do with the chairs when you are towing? Do you lay them down or just leave them in place?

Fishhunter

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gliddendriver wrote:

Thanks for the replies so far. I feel better about it with some similar minded folks having good results. My only concern with this unit is outside storage. Inside storage is very good with this unit, outside storage appears very limited. Any input on that? What do you typically carry besides hoses and cords in outside storage?

Regarding the dining table and chairs, what do you do with the chairs when you are towing? Do you lay them down or just leave them in place?

Put a topper on your truck for additional storage.

ORV 24RLS Titanium on order
2015 Ram 3500 SRW, LB,Tork Lift tiedowns, Stableloads, Superhitch,Hellwig Bigwig, Fast Guns
2015 Adventurer 86FB

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[quote=donn0128]Probably your only regret will be weight. AFs are heavy, pulling one with your truck would probably put a serious dent into your rear axle weight limit.[/]

Do you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking about axle capacities or something?
Give it a rest. The trailer WITH a wdh won’t even touch rear axle cap. And even if he loaded it straight up on the ball and put a cord of wood in the bed, the axle would still be ok.

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP, I wouldn’t be too concerned with length as long as you’re comfortable putting a 30’ trailer where it will fit. Different story if you’re new to towing or have issues on skinny mtn roads with no guardrail or something.

Nice part is, you can cut the traielr loose for day trips or backroads stuff pretty easily.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Arctic Fox 29L
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS