|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> my 5er

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
RAS43

Littleton,CO

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zachb91 wrote:

whats eternabond? and it hasn't leaked yet we bought it like this. wonder if liquid flex seal would work?

It has leaked because water incursion is what causes delamination. That looks serious, could already have wood rot going on.

zachb91

sullivan indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/18 03:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

as long as it don't leak I'm not to worried about it. just wanna make sure it don't leak.

GON2SKI

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/18 11:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our first 5er was a 2001 Keystone Cougar 281 EFS like yours. Within 2000 miles I had 3 blow outs and 2 delaminations on Carlisle tires (China Bombs)....the dealer wanted $1700 to repair the damage to the wheel well with the curved L shaped aluminum lower paneling.......I found a facility that sold prefinished white painted aluminum panel and they bent it with a matching radius. I made the repair that looked like new for $75 and no insurance claim! You can find white aluminum sheet material and adhere it with contact cement to that damaged area.

2014 Arctic Fox 27-5L 5.5 Onan propane, 4pt AutoLevel, RearCam, Central Vacuum Bridgestone R250's tires
2002 F350 Power Stroke Diesel 4x4 CC SRW SB Chipped, Toyo Tuff HT tires
DW and 2 Bull Terriers

Here For A Good Time.... Not For A Long Time

shadows4

Kansas City, Mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/18 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a similar repair done to our 5th wheel. Had a shop that does RV and boat fiberglas repair. They replaced panels on both sides from the front to about the middle of the bedroom windows like in your pictures. The charged about $1500. Good luck.

2003 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,7.3L diesel, 191,000 miles
2004 Coachmen 278 RKS Fifth-Wheel
Reese 15K slider hitch

zachb91

sullivan indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/18 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i have all kinds of white aluminum I build and remodel house. an is that the only problem you had with your efs? so far I like it just wanna put different steps on it.

GON2SKI

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/18 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Zach ....That bunk model EFS was the wife favorite floor plan with lots of room and quite comfortable. I did have to realign the slide and beef up the pantry shelving. I made a four step overlay out of redwood for the wife and dogs to facilitate entry for our latest rig. About $100 bucks for materials and fits behind the hitch acting as a bed saver while traveling and hooking up! Enjoy that rig it was a entry level great learning experience for our family and we had tons of fun using it. I did freeze it up several times out in Idaho.

dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/18 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On my previous 5th wheel the drivers side blew off from the front all the way back to the bedroom window.

I had it repaired by a local fiberglass shop replaced the awning inspection and other work for $3200

[image]

[image]

We used it a few more times and other things needed addressed and we ended up buying a new one last June.

Good luck!

Dave

2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus three cocker spaniels

zachb91

sullivan indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/18 08:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GON2SKI wrote:

Zach ....That bunk model EFS was the wife favorite floor plan with lots of room and quite comfortable. I did have to realign the slide and beef up the pantry shelving. I made a four step overlay out of redwood for the wife and dogs to facilitate entry for our latest rig. About $100 bucks for materials and fits behind the hitch acting as a bed saver while traveling and hooking up! Enjoy that rig it was a entry level great learning experience for our family and we had tons of fun using it. I did freeze it up several times out in Idaho.

my parents used it up til December last year. while building there house. they said it got alittle chilly in there. no artic pack here haha. I'm thinking of doing the moyride steps on it. since the steel steps are so flimsy lol.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> my 5er
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS