RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Experiences with Motorhomes of Texas

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

 > Experiences with Motorhomes of Texas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
NCC-1701

Minnesota

Full Member

Joined: 04/01/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/08/18 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did a search to see if there were a lot of comments already on doing business with Motorhomes of Texas, but really only saw one recent one from Tinstar, which was very positive.

So asking for experiences from anyone who has done business with them. They clearly have some good marketing and their coaches appear to be really cleaned up nice and ready to go, but looking on the internet at things and direct dealings can sometimes be two different things.

I do see that Better Business Bureau of Texas has them A+ rated, but there are absolutely no posted comments/experiences and they are not BBB accredited (not a member, I assume that means). Surprisingly, experience comments are not a factor in BBB ratings which tend to look at complaint resolution, marketing practices, time in business, etc.

Thanks.


"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4


Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

Senior Member

Joined: 12/25/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/08/18 03:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you had some kind of a negative experience with Motor Homes of TX? Don't let the BBB thing put you off as the BBB thing is pretty much a pay for ratings kind of business so if you have enough money you can get a good rating!


What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

midnightsadie

ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 01/07/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/08/18 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought from them some years back very good deal. made deal over the phone ,they picked us up at the airport bought lunch, had the rv cleaned in the show area and fueled up. things could have not been better. and called one month later to check up.

WILDEBILL308

FORT WORTH , TEXAS

Senior Member

Joined: 12/07/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/08/18 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NCC-1701 wrote:

I did a search to see if there were a lot of comments already on doing business with Motorhomes of Texas, but really only saw one recent one from Tinstar, which was very positive.

So asking for experiences from anyone who has done business with them. They clearly have some good marketing and their coaches appear to be really cleaned up nice and ready to go, but looking on the internet at things and direct dealings can sometimes be two different things.

I do see that Better Business Bureau of Texas has them A+ rated, but there are absolutely no posted comments/experiences and they are not BBB accredited (not a member, I assume that means). Surprisingly, experience comments are not a factor in BBB ratings which tend to look at complaint resolution, marketing practices, time in business, etc.

Thanks.

The people that I know who have done business with them have no complaints. I have been in to look at a couple of coaches. They have been great to work with.
What are you looking for?
Bill


.


2003 BOUNDER 38N
5.9 CUMMINS 300 HP
ALLISON 3000MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

NCC-1701

Minnesota

Full Member

Joined: 04/01/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/08/18 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Have you had some kind of a negative experience with Motor Homes of TX? Don't let the BBB thing put you off as the BBB thing is pretty much a pay for ratings kind of business so if you have enough money you can get a good rating!


I have no experience with them, which is why I'm asking.

An A+ rating from BBB would not turn me off. [emoticon] But BBB is usually a good place to take a look and see if a bunch of people have been complaining...or if there are positive comments. Not a single comment would at least indicate that bad experiences must be pretty minimal because generally people find the time to write up a bad experience and we all too often probably fail to give the praise to a firm that really deserves it.

Since there were no comments either way there, I was looking to see if anyone here had experiences to share. I'm not in a hurry to buy something else, but my wife and I are keeping our eyes open and if we see something, I'd like to know in advance about the character of the dealership.

Lwiddis

Los Angeles :(

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 03/08/18 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why are you so nervous about this dealership?
If you look enough you will find a negative review.
Is that what you are seeking?

Ok, it’s me! I stubbed my toe on a curb when not paying attention on their lot.


2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.


mike brez

milford ct

Senior Member

Joined: 09/27/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/08/18 06:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BBB=BS


1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

mmccray100

Katy, TX

Full Member

Joined: 03/16/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/08/18 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure where all the negativity for BBB is coming from. When I had my business, I depended on keeping my rating clean. BBB functions as a go-between when there are problems between a business and their customers. They rate a business based on complaint resolution. Any business, not matter how big or small is going to get complaints, justified or not. I certainly never paid for good ratings. I earned them. No on reports a great deal, or a job well done, to the BBB.

afrescop

San Antonio

Senior Member

Joined: 07/30/2009

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 03/08/18 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unless things have changed an RV dealer is only required to service those coaches under factory warranty that it has sold. This means if you buy from, say a dealer in TX, a dealer of the same brand in Colorado is not obligated to do the warranty work. Some years back we bought a fifth wheel from an Internet dealer in Ohio. The first couple of dealers of this same manufacturer refused warranty service. Eventually I found a very reputable local dealer to do the work but it was somewhat of a hassle.

NCC-1701

Minnesota

Full Member

Joined: 04/01/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/08/18 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

afrescop wrote:

Unless things have changed an RV dealer is only required to service those coaches under factory warranty that it has sold. This means if you buy from, say a dealer in TX, a dealer of the same brand in Colorado is not obligated to do the warranty work. Some years back we bought a fifth wheel from an Internet dealer in Ohio. The first couple of dealers of this same manufacturer refused warranty service. Eventually I found a very reputable local dealer to do the work but it was somewhat of a hassle.


Good point on new coaches, but I'm not sure it's applicable to buying from a dealer that specializes in used high-end coaches which are generally aged enough to not be under warranties anymore. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

 > Experiences with Motorhomes of Texas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS