|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Torqlift revolution

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
buc1980

houston tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/18 08:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 days ago I install the new steps Torqflex revolution on my 5th.What a big difference in the way to walk on them.Before when I step on them it fill soft and unsecured now with the new steps I can jump on them and it don't move at all ,what a improvement.

2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,14750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.

RollandB

Albany, Or

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/18 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We made the same change and love the Torklift steps.

2005 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab Long Box, Duramax/Allison, B&W Companion, TST507's

2016 Artic Fox 27-5L

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/18 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A simple drop down support on the OEM steps will work very similarly without a huge expenditure of green stuff.

I changed out my OEM three step to a QuadraStep 4 step. Makes getting in so much easier. These tall trailers need 4 steps as OEM. Peggy didn't think they would make that much difference...until the first time she used them, instant convert.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/18 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just put the Glow Step Revolution on a 15 Jayco Premier.. What an improvement.. I agree, Big Difference..

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Bob Vaughn

Seffner, Fl.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/18 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just installed the 4 step version on a 2011 Heartland Big Country 5th wheel and will never go back to OEM steps.....

Planning

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/18 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone using the MorRyde Step Up?

http://www.morryde.com/products/195-the-step-up?return=%2Fproduct-category%2F12-steps

2016 AF 29-5K; 2016 F350 6.7, 4x4, CCLB DRW

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/18 08:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, I think I'll give that a big pass. One more thing to mess with, and fix when it messes up.

pcm1959

home

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/18 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I loved it (just kidding but it was funny) when I say a couple at a rest stop with the Mor Ryde solid steps out for a rest break. A moving truck semi came in beside them. They could not put the steps in due to the clearance needed.
I'm passing on those, too.
They should make them with a split in them similar to pull-down attic stairs then tight spots (including storage areas) may not be as problematic. But then I guess they probably would be as stable or light.

2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/18 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pcm1959 wrote:

I loved it (just kidding but it was funny) when I say a couple at a rest stop with the Mor Ryde solid steps out for a rest break. A moving truck semi came in beside them. They could not put the steps in due to the clearance needed.
They should make them with a split in them similar to pull-down attic stairs then tight spots (including storage areas) may not be as problematic. But then I guess they probably would be as stable or light.
I've looked at the solid steps at the RV shows and they simply wouldn't work for us when the trailer is in storage. The trailers are close enough there wouldn't be enough room to lower the steps. They look like a good idea, but I'm not sure the execution will work at all times.

Bob Vaughn

Seffner, Fl.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/18 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

pcm1959 wrote:

I've looked at the solid steps at the RV shows and they simply wouldn't work for us when the trailer is in storage. The trailers are close enough there wouldn't be enough room to lower the steps. They look like a good idea, but I'm not sure the execution will work at all times.

I have my 5th wheel in a storage bldg and the More Ryde would not have allowed me to put the steps out while in the bldg. but the Revolution telescopes and gives me access even when I am not centered in the bldg....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Torqlift revolution
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS