|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> 1993 Ford E350 Tioga Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
ClassCeeDude

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/18 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm picking up my new to me 1993 Ford E350 Tioga Class C. It has the 460 motor with the Overdrive Automatic transmission. Does anyone have or know where I can get any manuals? Even some mechanical specs would be nice. Oil type & amount, Same for transmission. Been camping all my life but this is my first drivable RV

ClassCeeDude

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/18 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And any help / manuals for the generator. I know it turns over but doesn't start. I'm guessing its a bad fuel line. Not picking it up until Saturday but I'm trying to be prepared.

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/18 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This manual will give you much of the basic information.
Ford Manual
Look on genset for make and model along with series.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/18 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That Chilton manual will get you most of what you need. Maybe not the rear brakes. Engine is common and so is the E4OD transmission.

Bear in mind that a "1993" MoHo is very likely to be on a 1992 Ford Chassis. Makes a difference looking for specs and parts. You can tell by the VIN. Even the VIN looks like 1992, Fleetwood could have sold the RV as a 1993 and it should be titled as 1993.

Once you get Model and Serial Number for the Generator (and Spec Code if ONAN), post them and we can probably find you a manual.

Gas tank has to be at least 1/4 full to supply gas to generator. If it hasn't been run, carburetor is likely gummed up with varnish from stale gas.

There's also an RV maintenance manual that's actually pretty good, by Bob Livingston. Addresses a wide variety of items.

If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Chum lee

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/18 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It helps if you state what generator you have. Given the age, it could be anything. Just a guess:

https://power.cummins.com/sites/default/files/literature/rv/F-1123-EN.pdf

Chum lee

maillemaker

office

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/18 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've got a 1990 Winnebago Warrior. My generator also cranks but doesn't start. I'm debugging this weekend.

Steve

1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

ClassCeeDude

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/18 10:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone. Going to pick it up and get it home tomorrow. Then the fun begins

gkainz

Arvada, CO, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/18 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found the quickest, easiest way to troubleshoot my Onan 4k on my old '83 Tioga, when I got it, was to disconnect the fuel line at the fuel pump on the genny. Very easy to get to. Then connect a fuel line to the fuel pump and drop the other end into a small gas can. If it runs like that, the problem is between the fuel pump and the tank. (BTW, easy way to run a high concentration of seafoam and gas thru the genny this way).

1. enough fuel in the tank? Genny pickup is higher than the engine pickup so the genny can't strand you by running the tank dry
2. Cracked or clogged lines between tank and genny? Blow backwards from genny to tank and listen for airflow into the tank or along the fuel lines for leaks.

If it doesn't run, is the fuel pump running? My old Onan fuel pump could both be heard and felt when running. When it quit, easy to detect. Also, easy to open up, unstick and clean up, return to service again, in my case.

If fuel pump runs but genny doesn't, then you need to refer to more detailed troubleshooting docs.

Good luck!

'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

ellab54

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found a digital version of the 1993 E350 cutaway chassis used for motorhomes manual on eBay it was around $25 to receive a flash drive for use. I just ordered it today. It also specifies it will not work with Apple products.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any gas engine that won't start: Old or contaminated fuel that has gummed up the lines, fuel filter and carburetor.

Once you determine which model generator you have, use 'youtube' to find out the how to. That might be the only manual you'll need.

Once you get that genny running, keep running it regularly. Having a generator sit idle is the worse thing for it. They need regular exercise just like humans.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> 1993 Ford E350 Tioga Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS