|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Interesting thing we saw in Yuma. Two burnt 5th wheels

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/18 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While spending the night at Fortuna Del Oro RV Park, we walked around the park in the morning before leaving and noticed a fairly new Redwood 5th that was half burned up. Fire appeared to have started in the storeage or equipment area, or maybe the hot water heater/furnace.

Then as we drove down on the South frontage road to Fry's to fuel up, we saw a second 5th wheel in another park with similar destruction from a fire that appear to look very similar. It two was a fairly new looking trailer also.

It was strange and a bit scary to see two similar burnt trailers a few block apart.

Chris

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/18 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Saw a 5er at an RV park in Santa Fe several years ago nearly completely burned. Couldn’t tell brand name. Didn’t get a chance to ask staff what happened.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/18 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

While spending the night at Fortuna Del Oro RV Park, we walked around the park in the morning before leaving and noticed a fairly new Redwood 5th that was half burned up. Fire appeared to have started in the storeage or equipment area, or maybe the hot water heater/furnace.

Then as we drove down on the South frontage road to Fry's to fuel up, we saw a second 5th wheel in another park with similar destruction from a fire that appear to look very similar. It two was a fairly new looking trailer also.

It was strange and a bit scary to see two similar burnt trailers a few block apart.

Chris

With most of the newer Redwoods having the residential fridge, that takes that out of the equation....

I wonder if its foul play?? Or something we ( I ) need to concern myself with ? Its just odd that they were very similar in destruction

Joe

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/18 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sometimes fires result from people cooking methampetamine.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/18 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

Me Again wrote:

Chris

With most of the newer Redwoods having the residential fridge, that takes that out of the equation....

I wonder if its foul play?? Or something we ( I ) need to concern myself with ? Its just odd that they were very similar in destruction

Joe

I thought the similar destruction was odd. The First one was deep in the RV Resort. The one on the Frontage road was very close to the road.

Chris

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/18 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

In higher end 5th wheels? First one was in a Cal-Am park and Cal-Am is known to be picky on who is allowed in.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/18 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

ppine wrote:

In higher end 5th wheels? First one was in a Cal-Am park and Cal-Am is known to be picky on who is allowed in.

Not to mention, MOST meth cookers are not in a 80K - 100K fifth wheels in an rv resort.... They are in the stolen smaller TT's back in the woods..

bdpreece

Woodburn Oregon / Yuma Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/18 10:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Drove by the one just West of Foothills blvd. on the frontage road. Looks like some one was riding an ATV and parked it under the overhang of the fifth wheel. Looks to me like the ATV caught fire and then it spread upward to the overhang on the fifth wheel.

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/18 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bdpreece wrote:

Drove by the one just West of Foothills blvd. on the frontage road. Looks like some one was riding an ATV and parked it under the overhang of the fifth wheel. Looks to me like the ATV caught fire and then it spread upward to the overhang on the fifth wheel.

Thanks for the report. I was looking mainly at the trailer damage, and the fact that it appeared to be totaled. Chris

rjstractor

Auburn, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/18 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This screams arson, with two similar fires in close proximity in the same time period. For both fires to be accidental and unrelated is theoretically possible but extremely unlikely. RV fires are not very common, I've only seen a few in my career.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Interesting thing we saw in Yuma. Two burnt 5th wheels
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS