|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Best vacuum

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Goaltender1

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/18 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are just getting started on our fifth wheel adventure and would like some suggestions for cordless hard floor vacuums. Prefer cordless so we can clean the steps and cargo area. Thanks in advance.

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/18 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Goaltender1 wrote:

We are just getting started on our fifth wheel adventure and would like some suggestions for cordless hard floor vacuums.

Pretty hard to go wrong with a Dyson. We bought one a few months ago for the house, a V7 model IIRC, and my wife likes it so much she's given up on the corded vacuum entirely. [emoticon]

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/18 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Electrolux. I think all of their cordless stick vacuums have a detachable hand unit. Their base models start at about $100 or less is you can find one on sale at Walmart or Target.

* This post was edited 06/17/18 10:11pm by theoldwizard1 *

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/18 10:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got the cordless DysonV6 and love it.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/18 10:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoundGuy wrote:

Goaltender1 wrote:

We are just getting started on our fifth wheel adventure and would like some suggestions for cordless hard floor vacuums.

Pretty hard to go wrong with a Dyson. We bought one a few months ago for the house, a V7 model IIRC, and my wife likes it so much she's given up on the corded vacuum entirely. [emoticon]

Not only your DW, But Dyson also! They are no longer making corded vacuums as their cordless are so good.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Roadpilot

NH Seacoast

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/18 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Dyson V7 in the coach. We love it.

Millennium Prevost 2018
2013 Avalanche, Tahoe and Mini Cooper S
HD 2015 Ultra Limited Low (Mine)
HD 2016 Triglide (DW)
24' Stacker Trailer for motorcycles and Mini

dcmac214

SW OKLA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/18 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got the 20v DeWalt and a cheap-but-ideal 20' hose extension kit from Amazon (can set vacuum down in front of door and reach entire trailer with the hose we got). Small, light, and does a good job. Works cord or cordless. Was a no-brainer for us because I use just about all the tools in their 20v line. Think it cost about $100 w/o batteries or charger, but I already had plenty of them for using the tools.

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/18 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a Ryobi One+ Strut stick vacuum. It comes with a corner nozzle, brush, one 4Ah - 18 volt battery and a wall mount with corded charging brick. The vacuum hangs on the wall mount while it charges. The wall mount also holds the Corner nozzle and brush. Nozzle and brush both lock into the end of the suction tube when you remove the rotating beater bar. You can also remove the suction tube and use the attachments like a car vac.

It uses the same 18 volt batteries that the Ryobi One + tools use. It has a high speed and a low speed with a 45-minute run time. I've used it for quick clean-up jobs and I think the 45-minute run time would probably be at the lower speed. But I've got plenty of batteries for the my other Ryobi tools.

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/18 05:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went cheaper and bought a Shark stick vacuum. Plugs in, so no battery charging, has a long cord and stores neatly under the bed. Watch those Dysons - they have such powerful suction that can actually suck the carpet from the tacks holding it down.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/18 06:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012Coleman wrote:

Watch those Dysons - they have such powerful suction that can actually suck the carpet from the tacks holding it down.

Our Dyson V7 has 2 speeds - LOW works fine on any surface without undue lifting, the higher MAX speed works really well for lifting debris out of carpets. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Best vacuum
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS