RV.Net Open Roads Forum: How to remove/prevent standing water at campsite???

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How to remove/prevent standing water at campsite???

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/20 12:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like a beautiful site. Just looked at the pictures.
Agree, you can’t fill in appreciably against the trunks of the trees unless you left tree wells.
However with none of us knowing the entire topography of the area or other challenges you have, it’s almost impossible solve your problem and generic suggestions are all you’ll get.
Furthermore, unless you know the ground type and groundwater levels, many of these suggestions may be ineffective as well.
You need to find out what you CAN do and then what will work of those ideas.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/20 03:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dtank wrote:

darleyhavidson wrote:

I am not installing/using a sump pump. If I lived there permanently, that course of action might be more feasible.

From where I sit you have limited options;
1)Witch about it.
2)Move
3)Divert the water before it drains to your site
4)Fill area to raise grade.
5)Install a gravity flow drainage system
6)Pump water out of area.
1 is what you want to stop. 2&4 You don't want to do. 3&5 a lot of work, and much in areas you don't control.
6, once the bucket is in place, and water collects rent a 2 inch trash pump for a couple of hours. Your feet get wet on the way to get pump, and while you put suction hose in, but water is soon gone.

7) If all the suggestions for a solution are "non starters" - just call it *Mission Impossible* - and try your best to enjoy your lake!

Years ago I contracted to dig the hole for a company putting in a swimming pool. Was finished except the paperwork and we had a cloudburst. Homeowners, contractor and I took shelter in carport. "Look at all that water running into the hole" The woman asked what do we do now? The "educated donkey" in me said Stock it. She I don't want a pond in the yard! Why not? you can swim in a pond but you can't fish in a swimming pool

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How to remove/prevent standing water at campsite???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.