RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: Soooo Tell Me About Quartzsite

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Soooo Tell Me About Quartzsite

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Gottahaveit

Stockton CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/18 11:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi there Chuck and Ruth..I remember you from the RV Net rallies we held in CA. LOL I think you were parked next to us in San Dimas. Back to Q..We love it and go every year for 2 weeks during the show time. We have a group of friends from the original RV net clan that we camp with often. Q is not for everyone but it works for us then we head to yuma for a few weeks. We love to have a nice campfire and just hang out without park rangers or camphosts bugging you all day.

40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/18 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its a Hoot Chuck, you got to see it to believe it. The weather is normally OK albeit windy at times. Its best to find a group to go along with(plenty of RV Forum's have groups there, Escapee's, IRV2, the Forum Community to name a few) or just pick a spot in the desert and enjoy.

We always have a ball....don't miss Happy Hour or the Pizza at Silly Al's( a real institution in Q). We normally hit Parker and the River before and after Q so it makes for an extended trip. If you go, let us know and we can all meet for a beer at Silly Al's!!!

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

mountainkowboy

Socal > NE Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/18 11:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gottahaveit wrote:

Hi there Chuck and Ruth..I remember you from the RV Net rallies we held in CA. LOL I think you were parked next to us in San Dimas.

Yup, the same...our last "rally" was in Montana, lol.

Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
1990 F350 S/C Lariat Dually (Red)
1990 S&S 11SC Cabover
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

mountainkowboy

Socal > NE Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/18 11:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Acampingwewillgo wrote:

Its a Hoot Chuck, you got to see it to believe it. If you go, let us know and we can all meet for a beer at Silly Al's!!!

Pretty sure we're going...will let you know when it firms up.

catkins

Western Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/18 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In January no need for AC. Nighttime may require an extra blanket and some morning heat but usually not too bad. A must to do is the Big Tent and Flea markets. A couple of days will be fine to see the basics. More time if you love to browse lots of areas for "treasures"

There are many RV parks with the basics in Q. Most fill during January and especially during the Big Tent. Reservations likely needed to have a chance to stay a little more civilized, aka not Boondocking. '

Quartzsite is a small town that grows with many many thousands of Rvers in January. Two small grocery stores so I suggest you stock up a bit before arrival. Blythe Ca about 20 miles away has an Albertsons and a Smart and Final for groceries. Just a quick trip west on I10.

BLM land has two kinds of areas - short term for two weeks and free and Long term which is $40 for two weeks/$180 for the season. Long term gets you access to garbage bins and water fill/dump station.

The Desert Bar outside of Parker AZ (about 35 miles north on 95) is a fun afternoon. Open only on weekends and only in daylight. Solar powered outdoor bar with entertainment, some food and lots of fun.

We have spent the last seven winters there for at least several months . We love to ATV and geocache - a great area for both! Private message if you have any questions.

mountainkowboy

Socal > NE Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/18 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now we're planing on a week to catch it all. From the 17th to the 25th. That way we can catch both the gem show and the RV show...and relax.

5thWheelFreak

Corpus Christi

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/18 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Going to Quarzsite is on our travel bucketlist. Will see if we can make it next year.

JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/18 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quartzite is also on my bucket list. I'd like to go this winter, but my wife's not sold on it yet. I retired earlier this year and I want to be on the move now that I don't have that leash on me!!
JK

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS--Now with Titan Disc Brakes
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights
2019- 80 Nights

Ralph Cramden

Not on this rag of a forum

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/18 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Soooo Tell me about Quartzite.

I can't tell you much, never been there. A few years back the editor of RV daily report said there were a lot of people that go to Quartzite, who will stand in line for 2 hours to get a free $1.50 breakfast. [emoticon]

dcmac214

SW OKLA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/15/18 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow - three pages and not a word about Sweet Pie!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Soooo Tell Me About Quartzsite
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS