|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Hurricane Michael got my camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/18 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome to new era in USA job ethics.
I am expecting package with tool, that I order over 2 weeks ago.
A week ago UPS delivered it to Las Vegas, the delivery address and having some kind of cooperation dropped it off to USPS office for delivery.
USPS send the package to California last week and after transfer between 3 California USPS location, it is still "somewhere out there".
Than month ago USPS lost my letter send to DMV and open investigation is not producing anything.

bookmaker

Marianna, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/28/18 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Lance 1121, that we owned for 12 years is now gone. We had that camper in every state east of the Mississippi/ Missouri rivers except Michigan. We'll really miss it. However, we have the insurance money (very fair) and are looking for a replacement. We are leaning toward a Lance 1181 or Lance 1191. We have come to notice several difference even within the same year. Window styles, Dinette layout, awnings, etc.

Does any one have any input on their favorite layouts, accessories, etc? Or problems with these models or specific years of them?

Also we are likely going to replace the 97 Ford F350 truck. It was also damaged with the frame being bent. It can supposedly be straightened, but it was also a little on the light side for the campers we are looking at. Does anyone know of any issues loading these campers on certain model trucks? We are looking at 350/3500 series trucks (dually of course) and possibly F450.

Thanks

Dale

Dale & Rose Cavin, Marianna, FL
2004 Dodge Laramie dually , Cummins diesel
2010 Lance 1181
Previous:
2004 Lance 1121 (lost to hurricane Michael 10/10/18)

mellow

Salisbury, MD

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/18 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went with the 1191 due to having a side door and being able to get in it with the slide in, I like the 1181 layout as well but it seems like everytime we camp with my friend that has one he is having an issue with something, most of the time electrical.

I would go with the F450 if you can, nice tight turning radius and comes with 19.5's. If you plan to 4x4 offroad stick with 350/3500.

2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

bookmaker

Marianna, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/19 05:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have finally replaced our truck camper. We found a 2010 Lance 1181 on a 2004 Dodge Ram Laramie with Cummins diesel (87,000 miles). Found it in Michigan, so our first trip was the 1,200 miles driving it home.

We were adamant the camper must have crank out windows and that we could access the entire camper with the slide in. This one fits the bill.

Not a great photo.

[image]

Oh, we also have a new pole barn to shelter it.

* This post was edited 08/11/19 06:31am by bookmaker *

joerg68

St. Ingbert, Germany

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/19 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations! I wish you many happy travels with your new rig!

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/19 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats, on the camper and pole barn.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Hurricane Michael got my camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS