RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Buying medical insurance over the phone

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Humor/Jokes

> Buying medical insurance over the phone

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
path1

Varies with weather

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/18 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bet I've blocked atleast 25 phone calls about signing up for medical. Anybody buy there medical from a random phone dailer? If so forward your credit card info in PM to me. I'd like to experiance how good of health insurance it must be.
They must find guppies somewhere or they wouldn't keep calling.
P.s. I'll safegaurd your credit card info, I promise.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/18 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use an app named "Call Control" on my Android phone that screens out a large number of robo and other scam/spam calls using various scam/spam call data bases as well as user reported numbers. I can easily add any number that does get past them as well, plus the premium version will even stop political and charitable calls if desired. The latest update added the ability to block spam calls identified by your carriers Caller ID system.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/18 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I'm bored I like to play along with them,fake name and addy,age,ect. Then when they ask for c/c # I just give them some random numbers.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider
Looking for a 5th wheel toyhauler

Eric&Lisa

Scappoose, OR

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/18 05:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I work for a security software company, and I get calls all the time from "Microsoft" wanting to help me with "the virus on my system". The latest routine is my "antivirus is expired, call us back to get your $299.99 refund". Uh-huh.

I had a trash system setup once that I let them in to. They are very, very good at their social engineering attack. Obviously don't do anything on your computer that they want you to do. And ANY piece of information could be used against you or your company in the future. For example saying something like "Do you work for Bob in IT?" would give them a name they could use to target a different person at the company..."Bob in IT said you would help me..."

Scary world on-line. Stay safe out there.
-Eric

Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

5thWheelFreak

Corpus Christi

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/18 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Same here it is so frustrating! Even when I block the number they seem to call me from another.

mr. ed

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/18 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

5thWheelFreak wrote:

Same here it is so frustrating! Even when I block the number they seem to call me from another.

X2. There appears to be no way, even with current technology, that you can completely stop scam phone calls, short of completely shutting off your phone.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

imgoin4it

Alamogordo, NM USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/18 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got scammed by a site we thought was “Garmin”. Did a search for the Garmin update site. Found it. And would get three quarters complete with downloading the update and then it would freeze up. After 3 attempts and same results. So called the 800 number listed for assistance. They told us in detail how to download and that failed 3 times while he was on the phone. He finally said let’s start over and let me try to download on your computer. Well we did BIG MISITAKE. He tried a couple more times which failed. He checked then said we had a virus we needed to clean up first. The came the sales pitch complete with costs of each. We finally woke up knowing Garmin is not selling virus protection. hung up on him, turned the computer off and disconnected the internet. Took it to a computer shop who cleaned up all sorts of of malware, Trojan horse, and more. We knew better but this Was very slick. l Called the real Garmin, they said this was a real problem and they were working on catching these people, working with FCC etc. wanted details for their attorneys etc. very slick operation and we fell for it.

Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

mr. ed

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/18 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hopefully, you've installed some good anti-malware programs on your computer, such as Malwarebytes and Superantispyware. I assume you already have an antivirus program that's up to date.

imgoin4it

Alamogordo, NM USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/18 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ABSOLUTELY

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Humor/Jokes

> Buying medical insurance over the phone
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS