|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Residence refrigerator

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/18 04:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lots of variables. Cool or warm weather. Sun beating on the fridge side. Fridge full or lightly loaded. Doors kept closed. All have a bearing on how long it stays cold without power.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

jtaylor1920

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/18 06:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jrstout89 wrote:

Will be upgrading our fifth wheel in about a year for going full time. Quick question, what is the upside to residential fridges? I've been using a small 2-way for 8 years now with no problems. We went to an rv show last month and there were a lot of larger 2-way frigdes in the models we were looking at. Plenty of space for the Wife and I. So why a residential, I'd like to know before I buy next year. Thanks.

We just bought a new rig and I decided to go with the two way fridge as I thought of the few times we’ve overnighted without hookups where it’s been nice to run the refrigerator on propane. Well after a few months of dealing with cooling issues with our Norcold 2118 I’m regretting that decision. Our 2118 is a piece of junk. Out of the gate we’ve had nothing but issues keeping food at safe temps. Norcold support and our dealer have been useless at fixing the issue. I went over the entire installation to make sure it was installed according to specs and Cardinal did it right, but still no luck getting it to cool properly until I added more fans to improve air circulation behind the refrigerator. A friend has the exact same trailer and has no issues. I guesss it’s just my bad luck as the Dometic in my last trailer failed. If I had to do it again I’d go residential and be done with it.

John, Laurie & the 2 Schnauzers (Mazie & Obi)
2016 GMC Duramax Dually
2018 Cardinal 3350RLX
B&W Companion Hitch

lilys

NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/18 03:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used a residence refrigerator while traveling.You need to prepare the right battery and inverter for long trips.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Residence refrigerator
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS