|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> T-connector for hot water heater

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/18 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wish I would have had that link when I was working on a leaking marine shower.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/18 09:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Honestly I would replace with a sharkbite/gatorbite fitting but the OP seemed to want the same like item. sharkbite would probably need more work and possibly replace some of the pex. Flair-it does generally work well.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

harley4275

Belle River, On

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/18 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My local trailer place has all these parts in stock and not expensive....head to your local trailer guy.

2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

motc777

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

motc777 wrote:

Thanks for all the help guys. Got a new one on the way!

Well I got the new part in but it didn’t come with the rubber washer/grommet. The one I have upon closer inspection is ripped more than halfway on the base. This is really the source of the leak. The tee itself is fine.

So I have looked high and low for a tapered washer but finally found what I hope will work. I’ll report back but I can tell you this, that it would have made things so much easier if they would have used shark bite fittings on this Pex pipe. What they are using here is inefficient and frankly stupid.

Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast! - Ace Rimmer

motc777

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 11:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Edd505 wrote:

Wish I would have had that link when I was working on a leaking marine shower.

I place two separate orders online with them and twice the money showed as pending withdrawal, but twice the money wouldn’t fully withdraw from it. I never got the parts either. I eventually had to order from Amazon.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/18 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

motc777 wrote:

Well I got the new part in but it didn’t come with the rubber washer/grommet. The one I have upon closer inspection is ripped more than halfway on the base. This is really the source of the leak. The tee itself is fine.

So I have looked high and low for a tapered washer but finally found what I hope will work. I’ll report back but I can tell you this, that it would have made things so much easier if they would have used shark bite fittings on this Pex pipe. What they are using here is inefficient and frankly stupid.

SharkBite fittings cost at least twice as much, so you won't find them used in an industry that pinches every penny.

RJsfishin

Winston Or.

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use nothing but flair-it, cheaper, and never saw one fail.
My whole house (MFG Home)and RV is all Flair-it on pex.

Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

motc777 wrote:

motc777 wrote:

If yours came without the saniprene seal in it someone removed it to use elsewhere. Every flair-it fitting that I have purchased whether a straight adapter, elbow or tee that all had the swivel nuts like yours came with the seal already installed in them.

motc777

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

motc777 wrote:

motc777 wrote:

If yours came without the saniprene seal in it someone removed it to use elsewhere. Every flair-it fitting that I have purchased whether a straight adapter, elbow or tee that all had the swivel nuts like yours came with the seal already installed in them.

Well got home tonight and discovered that it was leaking from the tee and the elbow. I put on the cone shaped seals on both. On the elbow leak gone! On the tee slowed but still flowing. I then lifted up the pipe assembly that connected to the tee and notice that the weight of it is causing it to kink down. Still it leaked some. Does it sound like the tee is still just worn out?

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/18 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> T-connector for hot water heater
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS