|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> T-connector for hot water heater

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/18 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cross threaded? If the seals are in and everything is tight it should be okay.

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/18 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

motc777 wrote:

Well got home tonight and discovered that it was leaking from the tee and the elbow. I put on the cone shaped seals on both. On the elbow leak gone! On the tee slowed but still flowing. I then lifted up the pipe assembly that connected to the tee and notice that the weight of it is causing it to kink down. Still it leaked some. Does it sound like the tee is still just worn out?

I would try a new tee...

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

motc777

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/18 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

motc777 wrote:

Well got home tonight and discovered that it was leaking from the tee and the elbow. I put on the cone shaped seals on both. On the elbow leak gone! On the tee slowed but still flowing. I then lifted up the pipe assembly that connected to the tee and notice that the weight of it is causing it to kink down. Still it leaked some. Does it sound like the tee is still just worn out?

I would try a new tee...

I'm tending to agree with you on this. Ordering one tonight. These are not cheap btw.

Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast! - Ace Rimmer

motc777

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, the part arrived over the weekend at my office, but they are going to redeliver tomorrow.

I will hopefully have this fixed, and an update on things tomorrow. What I can tell you is that if this doesn't fix it, we are most definitely going Sharkbite.

motc777

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/19 09:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

motc777 wrote:

Well, the part arrived over the weekend at my office, but they are going to redeliver tomorrow.

I will hopefully have this fixed, and an update on things tomorrow. What I can tell you is that if this doesn't fix it, we are most definitely going Sharkbite.

The part that came, oddly enough, was not the right one, the one that was suggested. The old part had prongs on the two tee connections and then the flair-it female connector. I have been looking in vain to find this.

So, having said that, can I fix this with a Sharkbite and if so, how?

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/19 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have a picture of the old tee by itself and the fitting connecting to the tank between the tank and tee by itself?

motc777

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/19 06:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

Do you have a picture of the old tee by itself and the fitting connecting to the tank between the tank and tee by itself?

I don't have a picture of them separately no, but I have an update.

Basically, Flair-it no longer makes the part I need. So I took a trip to the local True Value Hardware Store, where the owner, who's family has nearly 100 years of experience, showed me the following:

[image]

And then on the other side of the tee a short piece of Pex going into the following:

[image]

Now, I had to get a new heating element because last night I fired mine up without enough water in it, but it was old anyway. I should hope to have this up and running tomorrow. Again, not using the above parts just yet, because I want to see if replacing the sanoprene seal and adding some pipe threading helped.

* This post was edited 01/09/19 01:20pm by motc777 *

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/19 09:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

motc777 wrote:

mobeewan wrote:

I don't have a picture of them separately no, but I have an update.

Basically, Flair-it no longer makes the part I need. So I took a trip to the local True Value Hardware Store, where the owner, who's family has nearly 100 years of experience, showed me the following:

[image]

And then on the other side of the tee a short piece of Pex going into the following:

[image]

Now, I had to get a new heating element because last night I fired mine up without enough water in it, but it was old anyway. I should hope to have this up and running tomorrow. Again, not using the above parts just yet, because I want to see if replacing the sanoprene seal and adding some pipe threading helped.

Please resize your second image like I just did in the quote.

Bobbo, Linda and the furry kid (45 pound rescue)
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/19 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why does this forum's software not resize pics automatically? It's not hard.

motc777

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/19 11:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New heating element is working like a champ. While I still have a leak, the leak has literally slowed to a snails pace. Still, I am going to repair that with the valves and PEX mentioned above.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> T-connector for hot water heater
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS