RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Thousand Trails/Encore Trails Collection info?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Thousand Trails/Encore Trails Collection info?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Still Searchin'

Bend, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/18 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For Thousand Trails members, the Trails Collection is available for an extra $214/year. Anyone have experience using Encore parks under this program? The problem as I see it is only 10 sites are set aside in the Encore parks for Trails Collection members, and I'm thinking those spots will be hard to get during camping season???

2011 Jayco Eagle Lite 256rks 28ft. travel trailer; Reese SC hitch
2010 Chevy Silverado 2500 6L w/3.73 differential
Member: TTN, Escapees, Good Sam
3x around USA, traveling about 6 mo/year

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/18 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out the Facebook Thousand Trails Page "Thousand Trails-The Good and the Bad", its a member generated page. Most that have purchased the Trails Collection seem happy with it.

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

CaLBaR

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/18 04:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have purchased and have used it. Was happy with it so far and for us it paid for itself with the first trip.

Rob

2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

Still Searchin'

Bend, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/18 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. Someday I may have to get on Facebook. Anybody have problems making reservations under the Trails Collection program??

CaLBaR

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/07/18 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So far I have not had any issues making reservations but I think if I were to try to get into a campground in Florida during the winter season I would likely be out of luck as you can only book 60 days in advance.

PGCR

Lake Gaston, NC

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/18 05:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only part of the Collections add-on is the pricing structure. I'm not concerned with the $199 as advertised on their website, but I find it odd that it isn't prorated and renews on your TT anniversary date. Our date is in March, so if we added it today, it would be $199 for 3 1/2 months, then another annual renewal cost of $199. Why make it an annual fee based on the date of enrollment...the fine print I guess!

ktjensen

Connecticut

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/09/18 06:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1) do not think it is same renewal date. TT and TC are different dates, but will need to double check.

2) We stayed in cape cod (Dennis) for two weeks in early fall. It was great on the TC plan.

3) The alternative is the RPI program ans that costs $125 for a discount on the campgrounds you will stay at. Discounts get you into the $20 to $30 a night range for a lot of other campgrounds.

PGCR

Lake Gaston, NC

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/18 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As per their website (Trails Collection), renewal dates are as follows: "I understand that my membership in The Trails Collection Reciprocal Program is separate and distinct from my existing Thousand Trails membership and that I must maintain my existing Thousand Trails membership in good standing. In addition, I understand that the dues for membership in The Trails Collection Reciprocal Program are currently $199 per year and that I will be charged $199 for the partial year beginning today and ending on the anniversary date of my existing Thousand Trails membership. The $199 dues will not be prorated for this partial year."

Still Searchin'

Bend, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/19 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UPDATE needed: How has the Trails Collection worked in Florida for both last winter and this winter?? How many nites are you able to get at Florida Encore parks here in Florida? thanks.

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/19 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PGCR wrote:

The only part of the Collections add-on is the pricing structure. I'm not concerned with the $199 as advertised on their website, but I find it odd that it isn't prorated and renews on your TT anniversary date. Our date is in March, so if we added it today, it would be $199 for 3 1/2 months, then another annual renewal cost of $199. Why make it an annual fee based on the date of enrollment...the fine print I guess!

Maybe I'm not following you guys but couldn't you just start a new membership today in another name-say your DW/DH or even the dog's name? That'd give you a full year at the full price.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Thousand Trails/Encore Trails Collection info?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS