|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Camping World issue

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/18 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chainwright wrote:

1968mooney wrote:

Chainwright wrote:

allbrandauto wrote:

I understand how every body feels. but as a shop owner brake pads cost me 45 dollars installed on your car with taxes about two hundred and 30 dollars can you do it your self sure you can. But when I have to pay rent employees wages health ins. benefits workman compensation. It all adds up so just look at the other side

Hmm. It all adds up? yup in your favor. At the end of the yr how much do you bring home? much, much more than I did, when I was still working. LOL. that's the other side I'm looking at, because on MY side there's nothing to look at. But hey, I understand how you feel.

Very simple solution. If you don't want to pay for it, do it yourself.[emoticon]

I know right. That's the American way. In fact look at our Society now. When people (one person) don't like something, they apply their own form of solution. You hit it right on the nail. Question is...What are you willing to do NOW to bring about change? Continue the ol' Cowboy way (do it yourself), Or bring about change that Benefits EVERYBODY?

I don't want anything to change. Feel very happy and blessed.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Chainwright

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/18 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1968mooney wrote:

Chainwright wrote:

1968mooney wrote:

Chainwright wrote:

allbrandauto wrote:

I understand how every body feels. but as a shop owner brake pads cost me 45 dollars installed on your car with taxes about two hundred and 30 dollars can you do it your self sure you can. But when I have to pay rent employees wages health ins. benefits workman compensation. It all adds up so just look at the other side

Hmm. It all adds up? yup in your favor. At the end of the yr how much do you bring home? much, much more than I did, when I was still working. LOL. that's the other side I'm looking at, because on MY side there's nothing to look at. But hey, I understand how you feel.

Very simple solution. If you don't want to pay for it, do it yourself.[emoticon]

I know right. That's the American way. In fact look at our Society now. When people (one person) don't like something, they apply their own form of solution. You hit it right on the nail. Question is...What are you willing to do NOW to bring about change? Continue the ol' Cowboy way (do it yourself), Or bring about change that Benefits EVERYBODY?

I don't want anything to change. Feel very happy and blessed.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

LOL. that's what I thought. Let the "postal" atmosphere continue and do absolutely nothing. We're good at that.
Merry x-mas

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/19 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

allbrandauto wrote:

Of course there is always two sides to everything, BUT...in this situation, he was able to purchase the part himself and install it himself in 45 minutes. The business owner is surely able to get that part even cheaper (likely 50%, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say it cost them $100. With a typical dealer markup, he charges the customer $200). And surely his employee could have installed it in the same 45 minutes (but again, let's give them the benefit of the doubt and give them a full hour). Result: Customer bill reflects $200 for the part, 1 hour labor (shop rate of $150/hr?) = $350. That is a far cry from the $650 that was quoted. Meanwhile, the dealer's cost was $100 for the part, leaving $550 profit. I'd say that $550 (for 1 hour) certainly covers alot of "rent employees wages health ins. benefits workman compensation".

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R (2), '85 BW200, '07 TRX400EX, '12 Husky TE310
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II, '95 FX1

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/19 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a contractor, I found that I could not get, and did not want, 100% of the business out there. There was a certain amount of projects that I wanted, and I was glad to give up the rest of the work to others. When I was called to quote on a project, I sized up the customer and priced the job accordingly. Basically this means that if it appeared that the customer was going to be a pain in the backside, I would price the project so that IF I got the job, it was worth my time and the hassle. In most cases I avoided most jobs that looked like they would be a big hassle and concentrated on the jobs that were routine. These were the customers that appreciated the work that I did and the quality that they received.
I feel that CW is one of those places that does not care about getting 100% of the business. They price their products and services so that some will buy their products and some won't. This way they make a decent profit on the customers that chose CW. The people that do it themselves, or find a cheaper shop, are not the ones that CW feels they need to adjust prices for.
Adjusting prices to try to garner 100% of the customers is a losing proposition for any business. CW seems to be doing just fine without the need to price their products and services to attract everyone. You also do not see too many service bays empty at a CW. CW has it faults but they do not try to be everything for everybody.

Cocky_Camper

Rock Hill, SC

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/19 05:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just replaced our A/C's last summer. I save about $500 including the cost difference and shipping by getting it from Amazon.

2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

Branson N Tucson

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/19 05:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well everyone has a better price after the fact. Bet they will look great after installed

CSG

ID

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/19 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back in the early 90's, we were fans of Camping World. Not anymore and not for years. They are totally off the radar unless we boondock overnight at one (assuming they still allow that).

2001 GMC EC 2500HD, 4x4, 6.0 V8
2007 Nash 27-5B 5th Wheel
2002 Pleasure-Way Traverse
2002 Lexus Land Cruiser (LX470)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Camping World issue
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS