|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> dash cover

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
bsjones11

pensacola, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/21/18 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been looking for a dash cover for my coach. I can get one in Perry at the rally with Shade Pro who does not have the pattern but will be there and they can measure and make it later and ship it to me. I also had another company Active RV Upholstery Center. They say they have the pattern and will ship to me now. Has anyone had any experience with either of the companies? It is hard to tell online what will be the best way to go.

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 12/21/18 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any good upholstery shop can make a dash cover to your specs. That said, while I have no experience with either one you've mentioned, on most stuff, I ask about a return policy if I don't like it, and a warranty if it should fail. Usually you can base quality on either or both of these things....Dennis

EDUCATION IS IMPORTANT, BUT CAMPING IS IMPORTANTER!
Dennis and Debi Ten Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/21/18 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bsjones11 wrote:

I have been looking for a dash cover for my coach. I can get one in Perry at the rally with Shade Pro who does not have the pattern but will be there and they can measure and make it later and ship it to me. I also had another company Active RV Upholstery Center. They say they have the pattern and will ship to me now. Has anyone had any experience with either of the companies? It is hard to tell online what will be the best way to go.

i can't recall which company i dealt with when i was looking for a dash cover for our '16 Suncruiser. they claimed to have a pattern but as i believe in "trust but verify" i asked them to send me a copy of the pattern which they did, at no cost i might add. only proboem was their template wasn't even close to our dash in terms of size and shape. my advice is to get a copy of the template and check it against your dash before ordering.

* This post was edited 12/25/18 06:41pm by rk911 *

'73,
rich, n9dko
Every retired man needs three things....a good truck, a good dog and a working wife

'10 Jeep Liberty KK

cjd10

Charleston SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/21/18 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not familiar with those companies but you might check out RV dash covers by Josie. Not cheap but they did an excellent job. Around $300 if I recall

Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
3 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/21/18 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW made ours from some left-over dark fuzzy material she had on hand. Took most of a day to fit and make, and it is wonderful. Our dash is light colored, and when driving into the sun, makes it very difficult to see. The cover cures the problem, and looks nice also.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 wife, 1 dog(?)

chuckftboy

Fleming Island, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/21/18 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shade Pro makes quality products. I have purchased from them twice and would do it again without hesitation.

2015 HR Ambassador 38DB 340 ISB
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

maddog348

Bakersfield,CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/21/18 03:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johno02 X 2. Tan fine grain ~ indoor ~ outdoor carpet. 1day make and trim pattern of heavy wrapping paper Second day cut carpet basic shape Place on SUNNY dash board ~let rest ~ sand bags to weigh down 'high' spots. Mine took about 3 days to gain the shape / topography surface of dash. Did mini card stock patterns/cutouts for wind shield vents. trimmed all ins & outs on edges & corners. Never had to tape it down ~~ Still looks great 10 years down the road. JM2ยข ~~ YMMV

mmccray100

Katy, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/21/18 11:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was working at a fire works business right on I-80 in Wyoming. Shade Pro guys were on their way to a rally, traveling in 2 truks. They stopped to buy some fireworks. I noticed the graphics on their vehicle and struck up a conversation. They gave me an estimate to replace the awning fabric and both slide-out toppers. The installed prices were less than I was expecting, but they couldn't do it until their return trip from the rally. A few weeks later, they did stop and replace my awning. They did a nice job, however the topper fabric was on another truck. We missed connections, so it was not done. Hope to have them install 2 new toppers this summer at the same location.

johnhicks

Wandering below the Gnat Line

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wade RV at the Lazy Days facility in Florida did mine. http://www.waderv.com/index.html

-jbh-

BigRabbitMan

Cottage Grove, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/24/18 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just remember that it needs to be a fuzzy or similar material to stop reflections. I got one for my coach 18 years ago and it is still nice and I love it.

BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> dash cover
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS