|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Rv lemon law

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
yankeecamper

FUQUAY VARINA, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/18 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone every file a clam for the Lemon Law for there 5th wheel? I bought a New 2018 fiver in May 2018 and It has been in the shop 1st for about 3 wks (problems not fixed), 2nd back in to fix the same problems in for about 8 wks. They got two of the major problems fixed but the water leak still isn't fixed. Back in the shop Wed and they said they would check it and have it fixed by Fri. so i can get headed to Fl. on Jan 2, 2019. If it doesn't get fixed or I have more problems dose anyone have any idea as what I should do next.

Barb and Rich, Fuquay Varina, NC
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesmen Quad Cab
Dually 4x2
6.7Liter HO Cummings Turbo Diesel
2017 Bighorn traveler 39MB

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/18 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a 10 second Google lookup of Lemon Laws in general and very generic and sounds more like a standard vehicle, but you'd be better off contacting your individual states vehicle licensing agency or Attorney General to see what your options are in your particular state.

Good luck!

North Carolina Lemon Laws
New motor vehicles, excluding house trailers, are covered if their weight does not reach 10,000 pounds or more. Motorcycles, pickup trucks, and most vans are covered. Lemon law claims may be brought after four repair attempts or twenty days out of service during a one year period.

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

FLY 4 FUN

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/18 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't believe such laws exist for rv's...but if anybody knows for fact I'm sure you will hear back. Sadly the rv QC is lacking, and most of us just get what we can done under warranty (big stuff) and the rest we fix ourselves and get on with enjoying the rig. I feel for you, I really do, but sometimes it comes down to the selling/repairing dealer and not how it was constructed that makes mine great and yours a "lemon". I hope you get it fixed.

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/18 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know that in our state (Wa.) the Lemon law specifically states that it does NOT cover RV's.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/18 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think I would be finding a new dealer or contact the manufacturer MYSELF! You must be proactive or they will take you for a ride. If they see you mean to get it fixed one way or the other, the dealer may step up. May not, but what can it hurt?

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Lwiddis

Los Angeles area :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/18 07:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

See a lemon law attorney in North Carolina. Seeking general comments from nationwide RVers won’t assist you.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/18 08:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lemon laws don't apply to RV's. I think you are screwed. Time to dump it and buy a new one and hope it's not a lemon too. Some are good ones, some are bad.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Travlingman

Jonesborough, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/18 08:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are showing a Bighorn in your signature. If that is the rig you are talking about, contact Heartland and tell them you want to use a mobile tech. Heartland is good to agree to that. You will have to pay for the service call, $75-$100 or so. A mobile tech will get it fixed. They are not getting paid by the hour and their rep is on the line. We have used mobile techs quite a few times with no issues.

2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah

ItsyRV

Desert SW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/18 11:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your fifth wheel is covered under the federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. This basically states if the manufacture gives you a written warranty, they must live up to that warranty. If they are unable to correct the defect as stated in the warranty, they have to replace the product or refund the money. Your state's version of the lemon law only applies to motorized RV's under a certain weight. Since the actual warranty and all its legal written provisions is key to lemon law cases, you should consult a lawyer. If you win, the manufacture has to pay all your legal cost.

1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Ralph Cramden

Not on this rag of a forum

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/18 05:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ItsyRV wrote:

Your fifth wheel is covered under the federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. This basically states if the manufacture gives you a written warranty, they must live up to that warranty. If they are unable to correct the defect as stated in the warranty, they have to replace the product or refund the money. Your state's version of the lemon law only applies to motorized RV's under a certain weight. Since the actual warranty and all its legal written provisions is key to lemon law cases, you should consult a lawyer. If you win, the manufacture has to pay all your legal cost.

That's a big If LOL

Go out and hire some ambulance chaser to take on these guys on the cuff over a $35K 5er? LOL.....good luck.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Rv lemon law
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS