RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Air Leak UPDATE FIXED!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Air Leak UPDATE FIXED!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/18 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello all. I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas. Looking forward to the new year. To end this year, my coach decided to present me with a new problem. One that I need to fix ASAP. When the coach is idling, in drive, I am losing air pressure. Idling in gear at 5mph for a couple blocks and I will lose about 30psi. Driving at speed and the compressor keeps the air up but stopping at traffic lights and I can see the pressure begin to drop. I've blasted what fittings I have found and have located 5 small leaks which I will fix. The sixth is a pinhole in the front air tank so that will have to be replaced. None of these leaks are sufficient to cause the air pressure drop I'm experiencing. Further investigation revealed a possible culprit but I'm not sure how to proceed. With the coach idling, in gear, parking brake set, I can hear air escaping from the door air seal. I assume, (yeah, I know what that means) the air seal allows the psi to drop. What I don't know is how to trouble shoot it. So far, I've found no one that is familiar with how this seal works. I would guess there is a solenoid somewhere that controls it. Again, I assume it would have to be adjustable in order to control the psi to that seal but I could be wrong. I put a call into Monaco but I was 15th in cue so I left a voice mail and am waiting for them to call back. If anyone here who has had a similar problem and can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance....Dennis

* This post was last edited 01/10/19 09:35pm by Executive *   View edit history

A Simple Act of Caring Creates an Endless Ripple
Dennis and Debi Ten Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/18 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the rig is parked/running can you open the door and apply soapy water to the door seal to spot a leak - kinda like finding a leak in an air mattress? Just a thought.

Kevin

mike brez

Unknown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/18 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Time to trade her in for a new one. [emoticon]

Sorry I have no clue but Merry Christmas to you and yours and happy New Year.
Hope it's a easy fix.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Two Jayhawks

Lenexa Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/18 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry Dennis I can't comment on your question regarding the door seal. Are all your air springs passing the leak test?

Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 2014 Ford Edge
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/18 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Both my bigger air leaks were ride ht valves.

Maybe send Dou Rainer a PM?

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Kevarino

No Cal

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/18 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found this thread on another forum

air-door-seal

* This post was edited 12/28/18 04:12pm by Kevarino *

wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/18 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dennis, you might try "Flex Seal" on the parts that are leaking. I know of someone that used it on a tire sidewall that had a leak you hear and feel, and it sealed it for at least a month.
Good luck

Wildmanbaker

vegasfoodguy

Reno Nv

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/18 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Executive wrote:

Hello all. I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas. Looking forward to the new year. To end this year, my coach decided to present me with a new problem. One that I need to fix ASAP. When the coach is idling, in drive, I am losing air pressure. Idling in gear at 5mph for a couple blocks and I will lose about 30psi. Driving at speed and the compressor keeps the air up but stopping at traffic lights and I can see the pressure begin to drop. I've blasted what fittings I have found and have located 5 small leaks which I will fix. The sixth is a pinhole in the front air tank so that will have to be replaced. None of these leaks are sufficient to cause the air pressure drop I'm experiencing. Further investigation revealed a possible culprit but I'm not sure how to proceed. With the coach idling, in gear, parking brake set, I can hear air escaping from the door air seal. I assume, (yeah, I know what that means) the air seal allows the psi to drop. What I don't know is how to trouble shoot it. So far, I've found no one that is familiar with how this seal works. I would guess there is a solenoid somewhere that controls it. Again, I assume it would have to be adjustable in order to control the psi to that seal but I could be wrong. I put a call into Monaco but I was 15th in cue so I left a voice mail and am waiting for them to call back. If anyone here who has had a similar problem and can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance....Dennis

Dennis, You may want to look into an ultrasonic leak detector. Find on Amazon or Ebay, makes finding the smallest leaks a piece of cake.

Monaco Diplomat, Cummins, 38a
Toad Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler, Brake Buddy.

Tom/Barb

Oak Harbor, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/18 08:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"" The sixth is a pinhole in the front air tank so that will have to be replaced. ""

That would worry me.

2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JK toad.

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/18 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you don't have maybe this will help. Don't remember if you have a 2005 or later.

https://www.monacocoach.com/resources/media/manuals/2005_Executive.pdf

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Air Leak UPDATE FIXED!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS