RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Air Leak UPDATE FIXED!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Air Leak UPDATE FIXED!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
slickest1

canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/31/18 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Executive wrote:

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions. I've located the leak in the door seal as it appears something got caught and cut the seal near the top of the door. It's possible it just a weathered split but it appears to be a slice across the whole seal. I'm going to try a rubber patch and see if that works. Meanwhile, I've clamped off the hose that feeds the seal and the coach appears to be holding air. That said, I haven't driven it yet so I may have other issues. I'll have the parking brake checked when I have the front tank replaced. I've seen how fast the coach drops when losing air and I don't have the equipment to properly block the chassis, so I don't go underneath it anymore.....Thanks again to everyone and I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable New Years celebration....Dennis

An easy way to check for the parking brake is to build up the air shut the engine off put chocks or blocks in front and rear of wheels release the park brake and just walk around and listen. You will hear the air leak from outside without going under.

1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/18 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for posting the latest outcome. Please have a safe and happy new year!

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/18 09:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

slickest1 wrote:

An easy way to check for the parking brake is to build up the air shut the engine off put chocks or blocks in front and rear of wheels release the park brake and just walk around and listen. You will hear the air leak from outside without going under.

I'll try that tomorrow after charging my hearing aid batteries. [emoticon] Thanks for the tip....Dennis

EDUCATION IS IMPORTANT, BUT CAMPING IS IMPORTANTER!
Dennis and Debi Ten Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/19 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dennis , These guys have made seals for me if you do not find one.

Roger Anderson
Dynamic Rubber, Inc.
131 Garlisch Drive
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
randerson@dynamicrubber.com

Gene

Executive

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/19 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

slickest1 wrote:

Tried that this morning but couldn't hear any air leaking, even with the hearing aids fully charged. Since I will be having the air tank replaced, I'll just let the mechanic find out what's going on. They are two weeks out so I'll rest this post and update once I've gotten the coach back.....Dennis

Executive

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/19 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If anyone is subscribed to this thread, I've got an appointment on January 25th to have the coach diagnosed. If it's a parking brake diaphram, they have those in stock and/or get them locally. The air tank is still available from REV at a cost of almost $1300 and an 8 week lead time..[emoticon] I'll post more as info becomes available. Thanks....Dennis

wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/19 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dennis, if it were me, I would take the tank to a welding shop and get it repaired at a much lower price, and within a week. Just sayin.

Wildmanbaker

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/19 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the up-date. As suggested, I think I would consider welding the tank too. Best of luck [emoticon]

diplomatdon

Blaine, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/19 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dennis, I would measure up the tank and available space and try any major truck distributor. Air tanks are air tanks and maybe I'm wrong but $1300 sounds a little high. Good luck, Don.

Tom/Barb

Oak Harbor, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/19 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would also get an after market tank. they do come in all sizes, But I would not weld the old tank. the interior condition is a big unknown.

2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JK toad.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Air Leak UPDATE FIXED!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS