RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Other than RMNP, what can u do in Denver area?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Other than RMNP, what can u do in Denver area?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JAC1982

Brighton, CO

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree w/ catching a game at Coors Field, even if you aren't a big baseball fan, and everything in Thom02099's list (except for maybe Casa Bonita, as the food there is just atrocious). There is also a new outlet mall in Thornton that just opened a few months ago, off I-25 and 136th, if outlet shopping is your thing.

I will also add the Celestial Seasonings tea factory in Boulder. It is really interesting, and if I recall, would be very easy to do the tour w/ someone on wheels. Also Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife habitat out near the airport is very cool, with herds of buffalo etc., and you can do the hour drive loop through it in the car.

And, well, if you all like beer, there's no shortage of great breweries to visit.

2017 Keystone Impact 351
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5 Eco-Boost
2016 Ford Explorer Sport 3.5 Eco-Boost
2015 Polaris RZR 900S

F1bNorm

Gardena, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Hammond Candy factory tour was fun. https://hammondscandies.com/products/hammonds-factory-tour

Favorite of my wife, https://www.rmqm.org/Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum in nearby Golden, CO.

We stayed at/liked the Cherry Creek Campground

Norm

F1BNorm

sillyme

Whitby, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/19 04:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you so much for all these suggestions. They surely would keep one busy for a long time! But I’d like to pick your brain some more if I could or anyone’s brain for suggestions as to where we could spend another week west or north of the city. I’m sure there must be an area or one or 2 National or Private Parks where we could relax for a few days before turning back around.
We have made the decision to visit the RMNP during our second week so we can avoid the insanity of the 4th of July! I hope I’m not asking too much but I thank anyone who can help me with this last request.

Me and Hubby
2010 Keystone Cougar Xlite 29FKS
2007 Tahoe LTZ 5.3L V8 4WD
Husky Center Line WDH, TruControl, VIP Power Jack, BAL Lock-Arm Stabilizing Bars

Nights spent camping in 2012: 54
Nights spent camping in 2011: 38
Nights spent camping in 2010: 31

Thom02099

Loveland,CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/19 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sillyme wrote:

Thank you so much for all these suggestions. They surely would keep one busy for a long time! But I’d like to pick your brain some more if I could or anyone’s brain for suggestions as to where we could spend another week west or north of the city. I’m sure there must be an area or one or 2 National or Private Parks where we could relax for a few days before turning back around.
We have made the decision to visit the RMNP during our second week so we can avoid the insanity of the 4th of July! I hope I’m not asking too much but I thank anyone who can help me with this last request.

The 180 day booking window is now open for mid-week the week of July 7th if you want to consider booking a site inside RMNP, either at Glacier Basin or Moraine Park.

H E R E - Roosevelt National Forest USFS CG are some of the USF campgrounds in the region. Camp Dick, Peaceful Valley, Olive Ridge are all USFS CG that are located south of Estes Park along the Peak to Peak highway and are 3 of my go to locations for the season. There are 3 campgrounds in the Red Feather Lakes area, all are very popular, but if you are there during the week, it should be far less crowded. and the ones showing for Rustic are in the Poudre Canyon (CO 14) northwest of Fort Collins. The further up the canyon you go, the less crowded it will be.

And on the west side of Cameron Pass, there's T H I S - CO State Forest SP where I would suggest Ranger Lakes as a place to stay for some solitude. I use it frequently for a base to explore Jackson County/North Park area.

There are also commercial CG in the Estes Park area, but they are way over priced, IMHO.

2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Other than RMNP, what can u do in Denver area?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS