RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Wall Street Journal today: Rocky Road Ahead for RV Makers

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Wall Street Journal today: Rocky Road Ahead for RV Makers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
WTP-GC

FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/19 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gemsworld wrote:

WTP-GC wrote:

All I'm saying here is...nothing to see, move along.

We'll see if you're right a year from now.

Whether I'm right or wrong is mostly irrelevant. My point is that you can't judge what's going on without understanding how all things work together. You have new tax laws, changes in corporate structures, new ownerships, buyouts/sellouts that impact how you need to present the books, etc.

A simplistic view of the data would suggest that people just decided not to buy RV's during the period in review. However, my bet is that these corporations are positioning themselves so that the stakeholders receive the most benefit but the tax bill is the lightest...based on many factors of course.

2017 Chevrolet 2500 Duramax Crew Cab Z71
2014 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 6.7 Cummins w/ Aisin, Flatbed
2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 290BH w/ B & W Companion (T/O Ball)
Old Rig:
2005 Wildcat 29BHBP w/ Andersen UH (Aluminum, lowered version for flatbed)
SBGTF

whjco

Lexington, KY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/19 09:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

minnow wrote:

mike brez wrote:

Acampingwewillgo wrote:

Not totally related but I was looking for a particular brand of motorhome not knowing the manufacturer. After a bit of looking, I ended up on the "Forest River" Web site. All I can say is...WOW on the number of RV's in general made by this one company which I'm sure has gobbled up the smaller brands as they have become larger.

Just found it interesting but sad at the same time.

Warren Buffet has some cash

It's just too bad be doesn't want to reinvest any of that cash into building a better RV.

In late November we bought a new 2019 Forest River Cherokee 274vfk. The only problem we've had with it is a loose piece of trim on the bathroom ceiling that was a minor fix, otherwise the fit and construction is very well done. And the 5/8 tongue-in-groove floor is much more solid than the chipboard floor in our old Starcraft. It also has a bonded exterior finish and load range E tires. I've been very impressed with the quality of this travel trailer.

Bill J., Lexington, KY

Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/19 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Works for me. Seeing a much newer AF camper at a big discount in my future....
Just wish we had a good excuse to unload our overly high valued house now and pocket that cash.....

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul

irishtom29

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/19 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It comes to mind that some people...never mind.

RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/19 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Having been in business for over 30 years, I have some insight into this.Here's what I found. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.I am an electrical contractor. I did mostly remodeling,some new homes and additions, some commercial and some industrial. I also did sound system installations.By being diversified,it kept me fairly busy even during down turns. Do a good job. If you screw up or install a product that fails,fix it no matter what the cost.Don't sacrifice your existing customers for new ones. There was a period of time before 2008,when I was so busy,I just could not handle all the new work and keep my existing customers happy.So I choose to stay with the customers who had stuck with me.Be conservative and don't grow too fast. Save some money for a rainy day. Any business that follows these rules will be around for a long time.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/19 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Works for me. Seeing a much newer AF camper at a big discount in my future....
Just wish we had a good excuse to unload our overly high valued house now and pocket that cash.....

Can't talk my DW into that idea. I would love to sell now, stick the cash in a house fund, full time until prices drop again. Then by that time we'd want a condo. Pay cash and still RV a bit. I'm not much of a risk taker or a Carnac type guru.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Wall Street Journal today: Rocky Road Ahead for RV Makers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS