RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Four Season Travel Trailers Quieter Inside?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Four Season Travel Trailers Quieter Inside?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had an uninsulated aluminum trailer -- noisy! We then got a fully insulated fiberglass trailer of the same size from the same manufacturer -- thick styrofoam in the walls, ceiling, and floor. Much quieter.

We don't have dual pane windows -- I am sure that those would cut down on the noise even more.

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/19 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The term 4 season is meaningless. There is no industry standard so it might not be anything more than a decal and a bunch of hype. Choose carefully and make sure it has what you want. Are there quieter RVs? Yes. We have dual pane windows and heavier insulation and it is much quieter than our previous rig.
B.O.

Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4 seasons, Arctic Package, Polar Package, Arctic 4 Season Package, CLIMATECH® COLD WEATHER ALL SEASONS INSULATION PACKAGE, Polar Package Plus, etc.
It can be one or more of the following, added insulation in the floor, roof, front cap, slide floor, enclosed valves, heated tanks, heated enclosed tanks, etc.

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is an idea when you are shopping for a quiet trailer -- install a decibel meter app on your phone. Bring a bluetooth speaker to the dealership. Put the speaker ten feet from the trailer. Play a song of known volume. Note the decibel reading. That gives you a benchmark for each trailer's soundproofing.

Given that RV parks (especially) are often in noisy places (near freeways and trains), this may be a valuable way to compare trailers.

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bjkb1f wrote:

My wife and I were talking about it and she asked me if the added insulation and insulated windows of a four season camper would make it quieter inside. I would assume so, but is this correct?

Yes, it will be quieter. Thermal pane windows help reduce the noise as well.

Bob

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donn0128 wrote:

If you could find an RV that used block foam instead of fiberglas that would be a bonus.

Arctic Fox and Outdoors RV use block foam.

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

4 seasons, Arctic Package, Polar Package, Arctic 4 Season Package, CLIMATECH® COLD WEATHER ALL SEASONS INSULATION PACKAGE, Polar Package Plus, etc.

Nice thing about Arctic Fox and Outdoors RV, is that "they is what they is" - meaning you don't have to "add an option package" to get more insulation and their 4 season rating.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

trail-explorer wrote:

goducks10 wrote:

Nice thing about Arctic Fox and Outdoors RV, is that "they is what they is" - meaning you don't have to "add an option package" to get more insulation and their 4 season rating.

So true. And they don't advertise fictitious high R values either.

* This post was edited 01/04/19 04:55pm by goducks10 *

mosseater

Dillsburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/19 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This was a major reason we ended up with our Sunset Creek. After looking at several on a very rainy day, it dawned on us that is was much quieter in the Sunset Creek compared to the ones parked right next to us. As traffic rushed by on the wet pavement, we went back and forth between the different trailers comparing sound levels and the difference was dramatic. I have stayed the night comfy inside at 5 degrees and 120 degrees. The climate systems work to keep up, but it's doable. Not sure how the quality is since Winnebago took over.

"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

marcsbigfoot20b27

Phx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/19 06:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:

I've heard it mentioned that the noise is muffled pretty well from inside Bigfoot brand travel trailers.

My Bigfoot is “4 season” with winter package, has Fibrecore walls /floor/ ceiling, dual pane windows and heated enclosed tanks and valves. It is pretty quiet.
Very first time I took it camping on the rim, I forgot to put my trout gut filled garbage bag/can away at night. Woke up in the morning to see the bag shredded by a bear.....never heard a thing, lol.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Four Season Travel Trailers Quieter Inside?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS