|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Coach Battery

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Dakzuki

Carnation, Wa, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/19 10:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have room in the battery compartment you'll do best with two GC2 6volt batteries in series. They will be true deep cycle and give you quite a bit of capacity.

2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Elk_traveler

maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/17/19 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cruisineasy wrote:

I have a 2011 Jaco Greyhawk.
It has only one coach battery.It's the original battery that came with the rig brand new. It's failing and I need to get a new one. Does anybody know what size/kind it is?? It's in storage and I'm going to replace it today. Would like to purchase a new on on the way..
Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks

If you're in market for a replacement for the coach battery I would recommend the VMAX line AGM type. I had nothing but success with them. I replaced the the Harris unit on my Jayco Redhawk after 6-7 mo purchase with the VMAX. I have been using this brand for some 10 yrs now on both boat and RVs. They are absolutely super. You will generally have to spend a little more than $200 for the higher Amp-hour battery but they are worth it and will last up to 8-10 yrs. with repeating charging. If you do any dry camping you cannot go wrong with this battery. VMAX is the manufacturer of Cabelas, and many other brands sold under different names. The Harris lead acid was just a cheap piece of junk Jayco added to sell the RV.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Coach Battery
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS