|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/19 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will add if I had to BUY a ladder.. That multi-segmented thing that can be a straight (like and extension) ladder. A Step ladder or a scaffold would be my FIRST choice.

Straight ladder for getting on the roof
Scaffold or step ladder for washing and waxing Scaffold is the best way to wash/wax since you do not need to move nearly as often .

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

moebedick

Worcester,Ma

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/19 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am a big fan of terra firma. The more firma,the less terror. Therefore, I spend as little time on ladders as possible. If your main priority is washing the tops of your windows, buy a telescoping wash brush. On the rare occasion you want to access your roof, borrow a neighbors’ ladder. It seems that everyone else is carrying at least one of the best ladders available for any job you need to do. If you’re lucky, they also have the requisite skills to perform any repair or maintenance required and will happily clamber up their ladder and demonstrate. Then, all you have to do is sit in your lawn chair,toasting their outstanding abilities,and perhaps provide your wife to steady the ladder.

Mile High

CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/19 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In addition to the fixed roof ladder on the back, ours came with a factory folding ladder like this that folds into a 4" x 4" compact size and stores in the basement slide out tray. It works great for windows, awnings, and general maintenance, but a bit short to get on the roof.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CF2O3T0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Two Jayhawks

Lenexa Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/19 03:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

Two Jayhawks wrote:

If your intent is to wash windows the folding step ladders (6' or 7') are very handy & easy to store. If you want to get on/off the coach roof SAFELY the telescoping ladder really should go a couple feet beyond the roof. If your coach is 12' a 13' telescoping ladder would be too short in my opinion. I carry a 15'6" telescoping ladder.

which brand, how compact does it get and where do you keep it?

I believe mine is the extend a climb brand I purchased it in 2015 when I got the Dutch Star. I just searched my Amazon history & remembered I think I got it at Sherwin Williams. Anyway they are all over the web especially Amazon. I have plenty of basement space so it fits easily down there. They are compact & not light. I'm thinking 35-40 lbs. There are many ladder choices out there to choose from.

Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 2014 Ford Edge
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

Lwiddis

near La Cuesta Encantada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/19 08:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry, Bobs, getting up on my roof is very rare but I won’t get up on someone else’s because they lack confidence. It’s too dangerous and the injury is too severe. They need to do it themselves, pay a pro or stop RVing. I like to help but not endanger myself.

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

Chakara

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/19 08:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've heard really good things about these and am seriously considering one.....

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B077MLZS7S/r........d_r=78347ee1-1151-11e9-88bd-15e7fd3adce8

- 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 6spd / Pacbrake / Airbags
- 2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L 5th Wheel
- SOLD: 2007 Keystone Raptor 299MP 33' 5th Toyhauler
- SOLD: 2010 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 246RKS 28'
- SOLD: 2004 Casita Spirit Deluxe
- SOLD: 2007 Dodge Dakota fiberglass topper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS