RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Trailer tire sealant??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Trailer tire sealant??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

ivbinconned wrote:

Sorry, let me be specific. If a rear tire, perhaps at night is sloooly leaking, when it gets low enough, it will shred and tear things apart!
If sealant could save the destruction of your trailer it might be worth the goo.

That's what your TPMS is for. Forget the goo in the tires

So confident in my RV tires I don't have TPMS, don't want anything extra setting on my trucks dash.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"On our Cedar Creek the G tires have not stood up. They separate long before they get old or worn."

Invest in some good tires, yes expensive but well worth it IMHO. GY "G" tires have a stellar record.

larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We saw the results of a fifth wheel not having his tire monitor turned on in front of us in October. He just passed a wide area just before the tire blew. He turned the monitor off a few miles before. Not a good thing.

chevman

chevman
2001 35 ft avalon alpenlite RK
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy
easyrider/reese airhitch
trailair center point suspension
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 11:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New Endurance features Durawall Technology

AKRON, Ohio, January 30, 2017 – For years, hobbyists who tow boats, jet skis and snowmobiles to recreational destinations have asked for an American-manufactured trailer tire to help carry their cargo with confidence. Millions of workers who haul equipment from job to job have echoed that desire.

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has answered that call with the new Endurance trailer tire, which was unveiled this week during Goodyear’s 2017 Customer Conference in Orlando, Fla.

“Goodyear is proud and excited to introduce the Endurance, the only radial special trailer tire built in the United States,” said Ryan Patterson, president of Goodyear’s North American consumer tire business.

A tire capable of transporting the heaviest and most crucial cargo, The Goodyear Endurance features Goodyear Durawall Technology, which helps resist sidewall cuts and punctures.

Available in Load Ranges D and E to accommodate larger trailer load capacities, the entire Endurance trailer line carries the N speed rating allowing consumers to travel at highway speeds. The Endurance also contains a wide range of features, including:

An optimized tread depth and decoupling groove, which help it remain cool while towing heavy loads;
Rugged fabric-steel construction, which offers improved durability and carrying capacity while remaining compatible with tire pressure monitoring systems and typical tire inflation stations;
A specialized inner liner, which minimizes air loss in trailer applications; and
A scuff guard, which helps protect sidewalls.

In addition to introducing the new Endurance, Goodyear has unveiled a brand new, special trailer size: ST 255/85R16. The Endurance is the only tire on the market available in that size.

“The launch of the Goodyear Endurance is an exciting development for consumers who want a durable, domestically manufactured tire that they can trust to carry their important cargo,” said Patterson. “Goodyear is proud to meet this need with the new Endurance.”

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 11:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ivbinconned wrote:

Jiminlin now you got my attention. I have 5 fifth wheel trailers around here from flat decks to heavy duty cargo to cattle to RV.
I also own a trailer repair business. I have seen a few things. Some guys around here figure when you ask a simple question your 22 and pulling trailers for the first time.
You comment “no more trailer tires”!
I recently was persuaded by a tire shop to go to G LT tire instead of a trailer tire and he showed me how much heavier and stiffer it was in comparison. Even though it is against the law to run LT on trailers around here.
Once again I was changing out a trailer tire that was only 3 years old and likely only about 15,000 miles on it!!
Have you come to the same conclusion then that trailer tires can not be trusted to give one good service. On our Cedar Creek the G tires have not stood up. They separate long before they get old or worn.
Where do you live that LT tires are against the law on trailers?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Hmmm.. really. Perhaps he went to a tire store that can't put LTs on a trailer. Some do that for liability issues, making it 'against the law' for that store.

* This post was edited 01/06/19 01:56pm by 2oldman *

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ivbinconned wrote:

TPMS would be great. Trying to decide if I can afford a set. I called the manufacturer of them and the batteries will not work in colder weather which of course could be a big part of our trip south.

How cold? I know mine work when it is several degrees below freezing but I don't know how cold they will go.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

I know mine work when it is several degrees below freezing but I don't know how cold they will go.
Is trailer tire sealant effective at cold temps? [emoticon]

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Hmmm.. really. Perhaps he went to a tire store that can't put LTs on a trailer. Some do that for liability issues, making it 'against the law' for that store.

There are large 5ers that come with LT tires as original equipment

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ivbinconned

highway 16

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Endurance sounds good. However our trailer calls for a “ G “ rated tire. 110 psi.
Not available in a G rating. Should this bother me? Seems that would be going to something lighter!
Or does one only look at weight rating.

Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Trailer tire sealant??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS