|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Stranded in Suffolk

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
festag

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/19 06:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just took delivery of our new motorhome about two weeks ago. Yesterday afternoon we pulled into a gas station to get gas and have lunch. We put the galley slide out and can not get it to come back in. Initially it would come on about 6 inches and stop. After someone at the dealer tried to talk me through some steps, it doesn’t respond at all (no motor activity). Keypad flashes alternately between the red fault code light and the green room or lock movement light. Slide is a power gear on a 2019 Southwind 36P. I tried manually cranking in the slide, but could not access second motor. Maybe there is a different way to get to it, but the closes I could get was removing a steel plate from underneath coach. Could see motor but could not reach with ratchet. Anyone in the Suffolk, VA area know of a good mobile repair place to help get the slide back in. Stayed here last night and looks like we will be here again tonight being a Sunday. Hope there is some help out there, thanks in advance.

Guy and Georgia ">
2019 Fleetwood Southwind 36P

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/19 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope you know, and if you don’t, the dealer told you, the coach must be level for the slides to work properly.

If the coach isn’t level the slides may go out but not come back in, or vice versa.

Try relevelling the coach with the slide control turned off, then turn it back on and see what happens.

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/19 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would also look at your owner's manual, or talk to the dealer, to find out what you need to do to MANUALLY retract your slides. Most have a procedure to use if the system has failed.
If you do have to use the manual method, I suggest that you use your levelers to "tilt" the RV so that you are moving the slide downhill rather than uphill. No need to fight gravity.

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Couple of quick questions. Was the MH engine running when you tried to activate the slide? Was the parking brake on?

fairway2002

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/19 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure what setup you have. I have a reset button on my control board.But watch.Sometimes the stop points get screwed up. Have to stop your self. then hit reset when fully in or out.
Good luck

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

and check the fuse ,you could look for a mobil tech in that area. to come to you for a repair and help get it in.

stugpanzer

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/19 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look for the Slide Controller/s. They will have a fuse on them. Check the fuses.

2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/19 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Start with your manual. It will give you directions on pulling in the slides. Don't ASSUME anything. Follow all directions. Usually the issue is simple. Did you bump the salesman switch by the door? Parking brake on? Etc. etc. Check your other slides. Do they work? Use the manual and follow the directions there....Dennis

EDUCATION IS IMPORTANT, BUT CAMPING IS IMPORTANTER!
Dennis and Debi Ten Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

ArchHoagland

Clovis, CA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/19 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep us posted on what the solution turns out to be.

2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

festag

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/19 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all! Thanks for all your input. My wife wins the prize for best suggestion ever - call a local campground and ask if they know of any mobile rv techs. They provided us with 3 potential techs but suggested one in particular. He did not disappoint. While he needed some help from a friend who had more experience with newer designs in slide mechanisms, he stayed with it until I was comfortable that the issue was resolved.

JaxDad’s assessment was correct. It appears that the instructions that the dealer provided wiped the stop points. The initial issue appears to be a lesson learned in that we should not have deployed the slide without first leveling the coach. Through some help from the tech’s friend, we were able to reset the stop points and clear the error codes. It is still a little off, but we are able to operate the slide and are now much more comfortable with full hookups at a local campground.

Thanks again all. Safe travels!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Stranded in Suffolk
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS