RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Giving back... to the National Park

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Giving back... to the National Park

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Reader1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/19 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you Yosemite Sam!. If we could we would join in this volunteer effort, and will in the spring if needed. For those who think we should not volunteer because we pay to enter, I disagree. Our Nat'l Parks are this country's greatest treasure and we must protect them.

"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt." John Muir

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/19 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2112 wrote:

SidecarFlip wrote:

I find it amazing how much people are inconsiderate pigs today. It's the 'me too' thing.
I'm sorry but I can't let this slide,
You obviously have no idea what Me Too is about. Please read THIS. Are women being sexually harassed in the NP now?

I assumed SCF was actually wanting to say "all about ME".

I heard on the news last night that Joshua Tree NP was going to put up the gate - people (idiots) are damaging the trees and offroading. I truly don't understand what is wrong with some people.....

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/19 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cloud Dancer wrote:

It looks like it's just going to get worst (trashy),..plus a lot more people will lose their jobs. I'm cutting back on spending, getting ready for whatever happens. I've already talked to friends in New Mexico about staying on their property in the summer.

Thanks!

I know I need not say nor remind ourselves on this as the RVers and campers are the most caring and thoughtful of the park visitors, it goes without saying to follow the rules and current restrictions on these parks. And go one step further in taking in the duty to advise other people not to abuse their privilege.

Park Rangers are the most knowledgeable people on environment protection and from time to time would rope some heavily trodden areas or do replant of decimated native species.

Some thoughtless visitors, not being racist but the most notorious as I observe are the Chinese tourists, who would cross those well demarcated trails and climb beyond the yellow markers. My first duty is to call their attention and tell them gently -- and if they don't, with louder and angrier voice next time.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Giving back... to the National Park
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS