|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Any advice is welcome

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
randysan

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/19 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no idea what I am doing but I know I want a Class A RV.
I plan to take extended cross-country trips, just myself and my dog.

My budget is max 10k and this RV seems appealing[emoticon]though i don't love the corner bedroom)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2352837668294039?surface=product_details

Can anyone please tell me what they know to be true.

thanks!!
r

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"

* This post was edited 01/08/19 06:49pm by an administrator/moderator *

cekkk

Southern Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/19 05:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You should post this under the Class A Motor Home forum. This is for technical help with the forum, like setting up your profile.

Having said that I wouldn't expect you to get much help with your question. Ask yourself how much trust you'd put in a $10k used car. Divide your answer by 10. In my opinion used motor homes are about 90 percent less reliable than a used car.

'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/19 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Drivers seat is gonna be a bit difficult to get in and out of. they high doghouse is a pain. But, with a nice topper, its is good place for food and soft drinks. Other than that, it looks fine, just a bit tight. How many people will be traveling in it. One, good. two, better be good friends. Married, could get blood covered.
The two of us did several years and 50K miles in a 30' without slides, and loved it. If that one is in good mechanical condition, looks good. I would do it, if we were a few years younger.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 wife, 1 dog(?)

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/19 05:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like a nice little rig.
Appears to be on a Ford chassis. I would make sure it is a four speed auto rather then a three speed. It would get better mileage.
Check with the seller to see if they have maintenance records of any kind. Appliances could be issue.
I would say closer to the $5000-6000 range.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

garyemunson

Reno, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/19 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Same as cekkk says. 58K doesn't seem like many miles BUT it's 25 years old. Gaskets and seals are all dried out in the engine and transmission. If it's been sitting, it may go around the block a time or two but one good run on the Interstate to get it up to temperature and things start falling apart. As long as you are a good DIY "wrench", you can probably make it work but it can get expensive quick and having a breakdown away from home is a huge inconvenience.

randysan

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/19 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Allegedly everything works other than (quote from seller) "there are no mechanical issues at all and runs fine...there is one hose to the heater that needs to be reconnected that the mechanic said came loose, but that's all."

Another quote from the owner inna private message to me : "I actually just bought this RV and I have to sell it because I need something smaller. I thought I would get used to the big feel, but never did...I'm looking for a camper van."

donn0128

Pronounced Ore-gun

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/19 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would have an expert look really closely. Heater hose disconnected? Expect to spend money for a new heater core. Also money for new belts and hoses plus coolant flush. Then there is probably tires and brakes needed. In reality old RVs can become a money pit in a hurry. Motor homes especially so.

Don,Lorri,and Charlie Bear 2016
8 years OSP Camp Host
The Other Dallas

185EZ

Lake Havasu City, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/19 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can see why you like it especially for the price
Newer tires and all serviced
I would run the generator and make sure the air and all appliances work especially the fridge
Not much storage area
Our first rv was a corner bed. We would never do that again but I don't think your dog would complain.
good luck

Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/19 06:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

enblethen wrote:

Looks like a nice little rig.

Looks can be deceiving.

In general, I think that ANY Class A that is priced at 10K or below is likely to have some kind of major problem lurking. Maybe more than one.

If it has 22.5 truck rims, and 6 tires just replacing the tires can set you back $2000 or more.

'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

randysan

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/19 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My pup and I will give a good lookin’ at this weekend and we’ll report back ??????

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Any advice is welcome
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS